Thread: Sprained ankle

Sprained ankle

Hi there. I sprained my ankle about 3 months ago and at first I tested it as much as possible and then it seemed like it was getting better but its slowly started hurting again and getting worse. After about 5 mins of walking on it it starts to really hurt. Can it take this long? Could I have done some serious damage? I'm really panicking it's something more sinister.

Many Thanks
    Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Re: Sprained ankle

Hey, yeah I would say totally normal! I went over on my ankle when running and had to go for an xray as hadnt improved after a few weeks, it was still so sore I thought it was broken. It wasn't, but she said it was a high grade sprain. They have different grades of sprains, mine was quite bad. She said it could be months till it felt better. Its fine now. Sprains take a while to heal so just go easy. Testing probably didn't help but totally get why you would! Just rest, elevate, ice x

Re: Sprained ankle

My husband sprained his ankle really bad 2 years ago, to the point where the doctor said he’d have been better to have broken it and it probably would’ve healed a lot easier. It took months and months to heal and even today it still gives him discomfort every now and again and he still has swelling which has never gone down.

Thread Information