Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Glassgirlw...

Re: For Glassgirlw...

Thinking of you here too glassgirl

Thank you, Fishman. Today was the funeral service. Very small and private. Got up and spoke about grandma, was rough but got through it. Back to work tomorrow and hopefully as the schedule returns to normal, things will get easier daily.

I would everyone stepping up to speak at a funeral is on the edge of bursting into tears. It's going to hit your emotions like a train. You did well and just think how much it would mean to your family and how proud she would be of you. From the experiences you've told us about I thought she sounded like the family matriarch.

At my nana's funeral (I was about 20 at the time) I held it together but once that coffin was lowered into the crematorium it hit me big time.

to you, glassgrl. You know where we are if you need some support.

Well done for getting up and speaking glassgirlw. I did that for my mum and you probably felt like it was something you wanted to do to honour her. You should be very proud glassgirlw. x

I'm always in awe of anyone who can stand up and speak at a funeral - its a major undertaking and very emotionally charged. Huge congratulations on your strength to get through it, I'm sure you did her proud having made the speech.

Hugs for Glassgirlw...

I am happy to send you a big hug, I lost my mum 18 months ago. It's still very sore and hard to deal with.
    My heart goes out to you. xx

I am so sorry. That is such a difficult loss to bear. I hope that your day back at work is a stress-free as possible and that you have a relaxing and contemplative weekend.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information