Thread: New here

New here

Hello to everyone, I'm from Italy and I suffer from various anxious problems that limit my life. I stumbled by chance on this forum and I saw people here are really caring and willing to share pieces of advise and info about these things, so here I am ☺️

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Viaggiatore84 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: New here

Benvenuto ..please tell us more about your type of anxiety. What are you going through?

Welcome to NMP

Thank you well, I'm 36 years old now and struggling with anxiety since my early twenties. During the first year of university I experienced two strong panic attacks on a train, with the urge of getting off and return to my house but being unable to do it. Afterwards I started avoiding going out, till I was unable to leave my house.
    Through a long work with CBT I managed to get back to a rather normal life, till I stopped making progresses. Now I'm able to take trains, drive my car and so on but I always need to know I've a way to get quickly back to my house. This means I cannot travel nor sleep in a nearby city if I go there by train (because that would mean that for the whole night I'm unable to go back home, should I want to). If I think of taking an airplane or long distance train, the sole idea of being there, unable to "get back" if I had a panic attack, is enough to trigger high levels of anxiety.
    I feel like CBT allowed me through exposure to increase my range of action but anything that goes beyond everyday routine in terms of movement (trips, travels) feels impossible to me. And since travelling was one of my greatest passions, this is a source of great mental discomfort. In these years I tried various kinds of psychological approaches but nothing seemed to work.

Thread Information