Thread: Swollen Lymph Node in Armpit after First Moderna Dose? When will it resolve?

Swollen Lymph Node in Armpit after First Moderna Dose? When will it resolve?

Checking in to say that I have a swollen node in my armpit after Moderna first dose. I noticed it along with a rash at the injection site about 8 days after the dose. The rash faded pretty quickly, but the node is still painfully swollen two weeks after it started. It is uncomfortable physically and make me anxious, but the doctor says it is normal. I have the second dose end of next week and wonder if it will extend this. I'm going to ask if I should get the second dose in the other arm, but then I might be waiting for two nodes to resolve. Ugh... This is one side effect that I did not want, though I am still glad to get the vaccine. My husband and son did not have this, though the doctor injected my son in the thigh as he has severe autism and wouldn't let her jab his arm.

(I posted on two existing threads, but I was thought my question might get buried there.) I am interested to see if anyone else had this side effect for several weeks. My doctor didn't seem bothered when I mentioned it to her, but I am going to show her my swelling when I report for the second shot ....if it hasn't gone away by the end of next week. It is pretty weird. I have never had this reaction to a vaccine before. I have chronic ache in my upper right ribs and LPR, but no test has diagnosed the cause for these and with my son and finances, I don't have extra time or resources. So, I am a bit down to have something else to contend with.

Thanks for listening to my moaning... Happy Easter or Passover to anyone who celebrates these.

Re: Swollen Lymph Node in Armpit after First Moderna Dose? When will it resolve?

Well, I guess I am the only one with a lingering node..

I'll update next week after my second shot just in case another worried person visits this thread.

Re: Swollen Lymph Node in Armpit after First Moderna Dose? When will it resolve?

If your Doctor says it's normal it's probably better to focus on dealing with the anxiety rather than the swollen node itself.

Just let it be.

Well, Lymph node went down about 5 days before second dose. I had the second dose on 04/08. Main side effect this time was super sore arm particularly when i was reaching way up. No chills or fever though! And the arm seems to be subsiding today ( third day). My husband took a nap that night and had a sore arm too, but nothing much else. My son with autism got the shot in his thigh and was jumping on the trampoline the next day.

Will be interested to see if I get the rash or lymph node again in a week. I got the second vaccine in the other arm.

Thread Information