Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vee's Thread of GAD and World Domination

Re: Vee's Thread of GAD and World Domination

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree with you. Did you see that tiktok video I posted a few messages ago?
    Yes I think I did. I will have another look though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Vee's Thread of GAD and World Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I don’t hate our country though and I wouldn’t want to live in another. I think some countries have great ideas and lifestyles but also have their problems. I just think that Trump enabled a lot of far right people to think that their opinions were worth something, and the world has changed for the worst because of it. There are also many people doing good things too, and their voices are still being heard. But often it feels like the far right and those resorting to activism are the only ones whose voices are listened to. Look at the Daily Mail, it’s popularity is huge. That casual racism and sexism that is littered through it gets louder and louder. This new UK news channel that sounds like it’s going to be our equivalent of Fox News is really worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't hate our country either.

The problem is, these negative perceptions and attitudes often end up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I also agree with you about the proliferation of extremist hard-right political views and misinformation, in particular over the past 15 years or so, but if there were any attempts to address said issues it would be met with derision and the authorities would no doubt be accused of stifling free expression, and turning us into a police state!

Whilst Trump and Co might now be gone (at least for the time being, dare I say it), the horse has already bolted from the stable, and of course this madness was already brewing long before the events of 2016, plus I think general political apathy and electoral hesitancy has also grown in prevalence over the same 15-year period the world over.

Even the main opposition parties in this country alone, sadly don't seem to have the bottle to address such issues, again, probably because they don't want to be seen to be stifling freedom of expression.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information