Thread: Scared it’s my heart.

Scared it’s my heart.

I’ve had HA for such a long time and tried all sorts of things to help. I’ve had periods of feeling better intermittently but the past couple of months it’s back with a vengeance.

I’ve been having lots of palpitations and the past few weeks have been getting upper abdominal discomfort and burning, left arm & shoulder pain and pain in the left side of my jaw. This is really worrying me as the jaw pain is new, never had it before with my HA. I’ve been referred to a cardiologist but have to wait another couple of weeks for the appt. and I don’t feel I can cope that long. Anyone experienced similar who can tell me that this is definitely HA and I’m not going to die?

Re: Scared it’s my heart.

Did you have an ECG or any tests with your regular doctor?

I had an ecg which was normal. I do have high BP though which seems to be reasonable well managed by medication. I’m 37 and have a family history of heart issues, so that does worry me.

I believe if the doctor thought it was anything serious you would be seeing the cardiologist much sooner. Does the jaw and arm pain get worse with exertion or rest? Burning and abdomen pain sound more like a stomach issue. I am willing to bet with a normal check up and ECG this is likely stress, stomach issues, focusing on symptoms. All of which I have as well so no judgement here.

Thank you for your reassurance, Serina. I know, in all likelihood my HA is blowing everything out of proportion. I’ve been here before and it is nearly always my heart that I worry/panic about. I’ve been a little more rational today and can see the abdominal pain is more than likely down to recently starting iron tablets and I know they’re hard on your stomach/digestion. The other aches and pains are probably down to stress, (who hasn’t been stressed lately...) anxiety, and hypersensitivity.

HA is just horrible when you’re in the throes of it though isn’t it. I hope you’re doing okay and thank you again.

Even a little anxiety can mess up your stomach. I often confuse hunger pangs with nausea.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information