Thread: Has anyone had H Pylori?

Has anyone had H Pylori?

Hi all. I am in a right state lately and I did post a thread on HA forum but I have spoken to my doctor yesterday about this and my symptoms

Stomach pains
    Intermittent diarrhoea
    Loss of appetite
    Losing weight
    Fatigue
    Heartburn and Indigestion

She asked me to take a stool sample to take in on Tuesday as it is the holidays now and that she will get it tested for parasites but it sounds like H Pylori. I have checked my poo for H Pylori before using the kit off Amazon as I was getting indigestion and heartburn all the time but it was negative.

Has anyone actually had confirmation that they have it and what was your symptoms? Anxiety must also exacerbate it, like it has mine. I'm such a mess :( I was shaking when the GP called me back! What a life this is. Spur of the moment I told the gp of my problems down below last year about postcoital bleeding and that it probably has spread, and she said unless I've had more symptoms or continuing symptoms there's absolutely no way. It was the GP who doesn't understand me very well unfortunately. She came across very blunt and made me feel like I need to grow up!

Re: Has anyone had H Pylori?

Hi. I had H.Pylori two years ago. I had all of the symptoms you mentioned but as I also had IBS and anxiety for many years I just put all my symptoms down to that.
    I had a colonoscopy and all that was found was H.Pylori. I was given medication to take for a week, and that's all.
    Apparently it's very common but not everyone has symptoms.
    I'm not absolutely convinced that it was the cause of my symptoms because I still have random bouts of IBS and anxiety with similar symptoms.
    Over the years I've found that anxiety is the main cause of most of my symptoms

I had H pylori in March this year. Bloating around bra line, nausea, belching ridiculously, a strange feeling in my throat - not acid or burning but like a pressure on it, discomfort between breasts bottom of the rib cage, and a tender tummy. I do suffer with IBS but didn't find that was a symptom, it was all up top!!

Had the triple therapy which wasn't pleasant, finished it around 10 days ago and things slowly beginning to get back to normal although I am still awfully nauseous which I am trying to get to see GP about again.

Quote Originally Posted by DL45 View Post
    I had H pylori in March this year. Bloating around bra line, nausea, belching ridiculously, a strange feeling in my throat - not acid or burning but like a pressure on it, discomfort between breasts bottom of the rib cage, and a tender tummy. I do suffer with IBS but didn't find that was a symptom, it was all up top!!

Had the triple therapy which wasn't pleasant, finished it around 10 days ago and things slowly beginning to get back to normal although I am still awfully nauseous which I am trying to get to see GP about again.
    Hi that sounds awfully uncomfortable they're the same symptoms I am having but when I took the h pylori test at home it came back negative. I have sent stool off to be tested for other things so maybe they might detect h pylori. Absolute no idea if it ain't that causing these symptoms then I don't know what else it could be! I hope you managed to get hold of your gp again about your nausea x

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietysufferer92 View Post
    Hi that sounds awfully uncomfortable they're the same symptoms I am having but when I took the h pylori test at home it came back negative. I have sent stool off to be tested for other things so maybe they might detect h pylori. Absolute no idea if it ain't that causing these symptoms then I don't know what else it could be! I hope you managed to get hold of your gp again about your nausea x
    Hello, my result via the lab was back in about 36hrs so you won't need to wait too long hopefully! I did discuss with GP yesterday and he just said to continue the Omeprazole for another month as that should quell the nausea in time. He also said to cut out carbs, eat healthy proteins and fats (like avocado), and fruit / veg. I didn't feel I had really got anything much out of him when I came off the phone other than a shopping list . I will continue the Omeprazole and see how it goes, but it does seem to be worse daily, after eating. Hope you get on top of things soon!

I have exactly these symptoms right now and after being well anxiety-wise for years, I’m really struggling. The bloating and tenderness around my bra line is just so weird and terribly uncomfortable.

Can I ask if you had the stool sample test? I have been taking omeprazole which can impact the H pylori test result and produce a false negative but my Doctor wants me to do the test ASAP and when I asked about the impact of being on omeprazole she said that the potential impact wasn’t too much a concern for stool samples, more for breath sample tests. But now I’m worrying that I’ll get a negative result and have to push for another test after stopping the omeprazole which all takes time and I just want to be better!

Thread Information