This thread is partly influenced by the popular thread 'Trivial things that annoy you intensely' on Digital Spy, which, for better or worse, is now only available for historical 'archive' viewing.

Two of my personal biggest bugbears right now;

A. People who refer to the Celsius temperature scale as 'Centigrade', which is actually a misnomer, as the former is the correct term, but I reckon many people (especially the older generations) have been erroneously quoting the latter because both terms begin with the same letter C, and of course, usually stylised with the 'C' abbreviation, prefixed with the small ring 'degrees' symbol, which is no doubt where much of the confusion has arisen over the years.

B. The plethora of brand names in circulation, particularly in-store ones at retailers like Aldi, Lidl and Argos.

The latter retailer has been known to use 'historical' brand names that left the mainstream several years ago that (allegedly) have no relationship with the original firms bearing the same names, with such products now being BINO (Brand in name only).

I often find the in-store brand names at Aldi, Lidl, etc rather confusing, let alone obscure, as they're often notorious for chopping and changing stuff every so often, plus the former often sell 'lookalike' products under their own brands (e.g, crisps whose packaging and flavour colour-coding is modelled on Walker's).

Finally, when many people still refer to brands as 'makes', as in probably a large majority of cases nowadays, the 'brands' are no longer the actual product manufacturers, and just BINO!

Does anyone wish to share any of their minor irritations of life?