Thread: Cervical cancer worry

Cervical cancer worry

Hi all,

So I’ve started spotting between my periods (I’ve currently been bleeding for 9 days) and when I do have my period, it’s so light it’s barely anything. I’ve had the courage contraceptive implant for 2 years and this is the first time this has happened. I know irregular bleeding is usual on the implant but I’ve seen it’s usually only during the first year it’s in? I’m absolutely terrified. I’ve booked in a smear test but I’m panicking I’ve left it too late and I have cancer. I’m 30 but have never had a smear before as I only became sexually active at 28 and when I got called at 25 and went, the nurse freaked out and told me she couldn’t do it on a virgin. So I never booked in another. I’m now really stressed out that because I’ve never had a smear, I could have missed out on something serious.

Re: Cervical cancer worry

Hi, didn’t want to read and run. So I used to be a practice nurse and have done more smears than I care to remember, however the nurse that told you it couldn’t be done needs reporting to their practice manager! Being a virgin is irrelevant and it’s nonsense like this that stops girls having smears! Get yourself hooked in, there is such a thing as a virgin speculum for certain ladies. X

Re: Cervical cancer worry

I thought it was odd but the practice took me off the list to be called in after that so I assumed what she said was correct. If there’s anything wrong I’ll be so reporting them!

Thread Information