Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jury Service

Jury Service

So, I have jury service starting Tuesday. I found out about this maybe six weeks ago, and I was quite excited because it was something new and different.

Now, obviously, with 3 days to go I'm getting anxious as heck because it's something new and different. I'm not actually panicky (yet) but over the past few days I've been finding it increasingly hard to function.

Anybody got any advice or words of encouragement? I'm mostly scared because I like a regular schedule and I can't predict how long this will last or how long the days will be.

Re: Jury Service

Take a book to read.

You'll probably be bored out of your skull, if the experience of most of my friends has been anything to go by. Only one had an interesting case, involving an MP and that was back in the early 90s.

Got a couple of books set aside for this very task.

I hope you find it interesting, even if you don't get chosen as I assume you're going through selection process. Good luck

Well, I have no advice at all because I've never done it, but I'm quite jealous as would love to be called.

I’ve had jury duty here 3-4 times in my life. I’ve never been selected for the jury though, which is annoying. Would love to sit in on one someday. Is your process the same as ours, where they call a large “pool” of potential jurors and then ask a bunch of questions and narrow down the choices from there? Or is it that you get called for duty and are automatically on the jury?

The waiting time is super boring. Agree with the book idea, or download a couple games on your phone or something to pass the time. I don’t like feeling “stuck” places. Usually a trigger for my anxiety. Surprisingly, I’ve never been anxious at jury duty. It’s kind of interesting hearing all the questions and answers. And you inevitably get at least one potential juror that absolutely doesn’t want to be there, so answers all the questions as outrageously as possible. Pretty entertaining lol.

I'm not even sure how it works. Do you have to go stay in a hotel while they figure out if you're worthy?!

I've done jury service Blue.
    Definitely take a book because there is a lot of waiting time with the picking of the jury.
    Also. When you are picked and shown to the room. You are dependent on them feeding you and giving you drinks. So maybe take a bottle of water and a choc bar with you.
    Wear comfortable shoes because you could be there all day.
    The good news is that it is definitely interesting and you play an important role in serving the country. I think you will enjoy it.
    But make sure you are never late and don't discuss the case with anyone outside of the jury itself.
    Hope this helps. x

I was called for it in the 90s but true to form I bottled it. I was working then too.

I hope you enjoy it Blue.
    Sounds like there’s lots of waiting around. Maybe get a puzzle book too for when you can’t be bothered to read anymore. Or even just something to scribble on & doodle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information