Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jury Service

Re: Jury Service

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Spoilsport! Next thing you know you'll be telling me I can't throw eggs!

The work thing is a really good idea, actually, I have a bunch of Office software on my phone so I can use OneNote to work on my next teaching assignment.

Honestly, I'm mostly just sulking because it's the Easter holidays and I was looking forward to my fortnight off
    Nah, if it's Boris you're allowed to throw the egg...whilst it's still in the chicken! Keir told me so

I got called up for jury duty 2years ago,but wasn’t picked because I worked at Grafton where the crim was held.
    Plus I reckon the way they looked at my piercings and tatts I was judged by the Barrister.

Okay, I'm a wuss, I'm having a raging panic now.

I have to say I’m a little jealous! I’m a solicitor and I’ve always wanted to be called for Jury Service just for the pure curiosity as I used to work in a courtroom.

The unpredictability of it can be anxiety inducing so I do get that, but at the same time, it could be a one day trial and you’ll be done and dusted by 5pm, or it could be a week or two. Just try and relax and enjoy the process. Hopefully it’s something interesting so you’ll not be bored stiff because it can get really boring with the barristers banging on and on A colleague of mine got called up for jury in a six week long trial but it got thrown out after a day for various reasons and she was back at work the next day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Fizzymoon! I'm definitely looking forward to it, it's just the bloody anxiety kicking in and making me think it's more frightening than it is.

You're right, though, the main thing is the unpredictability and the fact I won't be able to escape if I need to.

I think anyone would be apprehensive about the first day, Blue and it's much harder for people like us but I do hope that you'll feel a lot better once you know what's expected of you and what is likely to happen after today. It's all the unknown at this stage but soon you'll be underway and probably feeling more comfortable once you know what's what?

Anticipatory anxiety, Blue. Maybe some excitement. Fear of unknown, lack of control, all the usual stuff it thrives on.

But you want to do this. So that positive mindset can overcome this.

Use some of your tools for dealing with heading the symptoms off and sitting with the buzzing feelings.

I bet once you are in there and able to take action you will take over finding the natural distraction of focussing on doing something. And you might meet some people to chat with.

Good luck.

I think that's right, Pulisa, yes. It's just a question of getting there and getting my bearings.

Hopefully the gastric symptoms will fade off, too, they've been a bit of a nuisance this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymoon86 View Post
    I have to say I’m a little jealous! I’m a solicitor and I’ve always wanted to be called for Jury Service just for the pure curiosity as I used to work in a courtroom.

The unpredictability of it can be anxiety inducing so I do get that, but at the same time, it could be a one day trial and you’ll be done and dusted by 5pm, or it could be a week or two. Just try and relax and enjoy the process. Hopefully it’s something interesting so you’ll not be bored stiff because it can get really boring with the barristers banging on and on A colleague of mine got called up for jury in a six week long trial but it got thrown out after a day for various reasons and she was back at work the next day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn, so it's really not like on the telly? And the barristers aren't all good looking suave types?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think that's right, Pulisa, yes. It's just a question of getting there and getting my bearings.

Hopefully the gastric symptoms will fade off, too, they've been a bit of a nuisance this morning.
    I think that once you get there you will be find that it's not as daunting as you fear and the gastric stuff will fade away. Let's face it..you're an intelligent woman and you're probably going to be one of the most competent and conscientious people there.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information