Thread: Anxiety episode

Anxiety episode

I’m having a very strange thought which is causing me great anxiety.

My mum died 19 months ago. A few days later my horrible neighbour was shouting at me and my dad. As dad had accidentally parked in his space. He had just collected mums ashes and wasn’t thinking straight. Anyway this man was being really aggressive and I aologises profusely to him and said. Mums just died it was an honest mistake. He said something like “I don’t care”. And continued to rant. Anyway I heard yesterday from my friend his mother died. I immediately said “good”. Then gasped in horror at what I had said. I didn’t mean it. Just now he knew what it felt like to lose his mum

Anyway my thought is that I’m going to go to hell for that. Or something bad is going to happen to me or my family. I am so anxious about it. It was such an awful thing to say and I immediately said “oh god I didn’t mean that”

Re: Anxiety episode

Quote Originally Posted by Julesbeachy View Post
    I’m having a very strange thought which is causing me great anxiety.

My mum died 19 months ago. A few days later my horrible neighbour was shouting at me and my dad. As dad had accidentally parked in his space. He had just collected mums ashes and wasn’t thinking straight. Anyway this man was being really aggressive and I aologises profusely to him and said. Mums just died it was an honest mistake. He said something like “I don’t care”. And continued to rant. Anyway I heard yesterday from my friend his mother died. I immediately said “good”. Then gasped in horror at what I had said. I didn’t mean it. Just now he knew what it felt like to lose his mum

Anyway my thought is that I’m going to go to hell for that. Or something bad is going to happen to me or my family. I am so anxious about it. It was such an awful thing to say and I immediately said “oh god I didn’t mean that”
    Did you actually say 'good' to him face-to-face?

Although two wrongs don't make a right, and as cruel as it sounds, I can't help but think that karma has kind of struck that neighbour of yours, as he sounds like a right selfish, evil, mean-minded barsteward.

And for him to refuse to accept your apology and decline to even acknowledge the sheer sadness and stress your family were going through at that time was totally uncalled for, and especially over a poxy parking space mishap!

During times of crisis, especially bereavement within the family, people can be more prone to unwittingly doing things they wouldn't normally do on purpose.

Thank you so much for your kind reply. No I never said it to his face. It was just in conversation to my friend. HeÂ’s a truly horrid man. ItÂ’s one of many incidents with him.

Thank you for reassuring me

To the OP: don't feel bad about it. I have those "if I do 'x', God will punish me for it" moments a lot. I put it down to being of mixed CofE/Catholic heritage, in that I get to do what I like but feel really guilty about it afterwards and I'm very good at linking bad things, however improbable, to an earlier action.

The whole madness over parking spaces that seems to have developed over the last year or two is ridiculous; people really need to start gaining perspective again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    To the OP: don't feel bad about it. I have those "if I do 'x', God will punish me for it" moments a lot. I put it down to being of mixed CofE/Catholic heritage, in that I get to do what I like but feel really guilty about it afterwards and I'm very good at linking bad things, however improbable, to an earlier action.

The whole madness over parking spaces that seems to have developed over the last year or two is ridiculous; people really need to start gaining perspective again.
    Sorry to sound pedantic PM, but I'm sure the original event that the OP mentioned occurred more than 18 months ago, before Covid was knowingly a thing, so the pandemic can't really be blamed in that context.

Although I do agree that it did seem many people were already becoming increasingly irrational a good while before this pandemic started.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the current increase in reported cases of domestic abuse had actually started around 2018 or so, but obviously exacerbated by the pandemic over the past year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sorry to sound pedantic PM, but I'm sure the original event that the OP mentioned occurred more than 18 months ago, before Covid was knowingly a thing, so the pandemic can't really be blamed in that context..
    Not at all, your correction is welcomed although I am concerned that it has surfaced now for the OP.

Thread Information