Thread: Do i have bowel cancer? Wondering if anyone relates to my worries

Do i have bowel cancer? Wondering if anyone relates to my worries

I last wrote a message here in February (I have attached a copy of the message first then a more up to date message after it)

Message from February:
    A bit of background about me: i am a 47 year old woman with type 1 diabetes (insulin dependent) which i have had for 22 years. I started suffering from health anxiety about 5 years ago and find it completely consuming (when im in the panic) but can be forgotten about until the next health scare. I am writing this hoping im on the right path as i am so hysterical right now i cannot see the screen for tears so apologies in advance for typos.

Everything was fine until I started having low down abdominal pain but this soon radiated to my upper abdomen also. Then ofcourse the mind kicked and i soon started having diarrhoea. Ovet the hours everything became worse and my anxiety took off as did my diarrhoea. I called my gp the next day and she asked me to go up to be examined and take urine sample. She checked my urine (ok) she examined my stomach (everything fealt fine) and thought i had probably picked up a bug. Everything was fine for about a week then it all came back again, i phoned gp again and she organised for me to get my bloods checked and check for ovarian issues. After a stressful 3 days my results came back clear. Again i was ok fot a few days then the TERRIBLE diarrhoea started again with low stomach cramps, then this terrible pain moves up into my upper abdomen and travels to my back, this seems to last for 24 hours then disappears (Btw no blood in my poo and i also did a chemist test for bowel cancer and it came back with no blood). Unfortunately 3 days ago the whole cycle happened again but today I have the most awful wind which i cannot get rid of, it’s causing upper stomach pain, and feel totally bloated. Could anyone help put my mind at ease if they think this could be bowel cancer? So sorry also meant to say i had a colonoscopy 2 years ago (I thought I had blood in my poo) it came back negative and they suggested I have IBS??

Anyone’s advice would be so helpful I feel as if im going to have a nervous breakdown, thanks in advance : end of message.

My issues had pretty much cleared up until recently but are not as severe as the above.

My problem has been for 1 week with consistent diarrhoea. I have no stomach/abdominal pain, no blood in my stools and generally only go once a day (I have been 3 times today but im sure that’s just the panic starting). I eat a lot of fibre but just haven’t had this constant diarrhoea before and even although I had a clear colonoscopy 2 years ago my head is now well and truly down the rabbit hole of bowel cancer.

I think im just asking really for anyone’s thoughts on this, is it normal to have diarrhoea every day for 1 week? Really starting to panic now, which ofcourse, has now resulted in me having more diarrhoea, HA truly is exhausting.

Anyone’s thoughts would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Do i have bowel cancer? Wondering if anyone relates to my worries

While the runs suck (been dealing with it myself after the wife and I ate something bad a week or so ago), I don't see how that would lead you to bowel cancer.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Fishmanpa thanks so much for your reply. I know my rational mind ofcourse is telling me that I don’t have cancer, my irrational mind is telling me i have bowel cancer. The reasons are my change in bowel movements but today on, yes Dr Google 😩 one of the common side effects of bowel cancer apparently is diarrhoea!!! I had no idea about that, granted I have only had diarrhoea for a week, also my rational mind is reminding me that I have no stomach pain and no blood, so yes literally I have only had it for a week. Just been spiralling today 😩

Quote Originally Posted by Manders139 View Post
    Just been spiralling today 
    The positive is that you recognize that

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information