Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid exposure, firemen came without a mask

Covid exposure, firemen came without a mask

Our door were stuck and the firemen came today without a mask, my mother didn't have a mask either, I put it but firemen talked to my mother very close but just for a second and they were gone in a minute, window was open. I am afraid that they could transmit a virus to her because they were very close. Is it possible to catch the virus if you talk to someone for just one minute?
    Last edited by darlene85; 04-04-21 at 17:29.

Re: Covid exposure, firemen came without a mask

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    Our door were stuck and the firemen came today without a mask, my mother didn't have a mask either, I put it but firemen talked to my mother very close but just for a second and they were gone in a minute, window was open. I am afraid that they could transmit a virus to her because they were very close. Is it possible to catch the virus if you talk to someone for just one minute?
    That was extremely irresponsible of them.

Surely people who work in said profession should have more sense by now.

I mean, sure - it’s possible. It’s possible to catch any virus from close encounters that only last minutes. It’s extremely unlikely to be a large amount of the virus though.

I've had friends who caught Covid after a two minute masked encounter with a workman in their home, and others who have refused to wear masks throughout the pandemic and haven’t caught Covid yet. It seems to be quite a toss up as to who gets it and who doesn’t.

just do your best to continue practicing your hygiene practices, social distance, and wear your mask. Monitor for symptoms and get tested if necessary. I’m sure it will all be fine as it was a quick encounter.

I am mad, of course it was irresponsibile but we have people who protest against masks so nothing surprises me anymore. They were very young which makes me even more anxious because young people party here illegally. I really really hope that it wasn't enough time for her to catch it, I put the kn95 but she forgot, she was stuck in her room with that frickin door and she forgot.

I had a workman come to my house and stood within a metre talking to me a few months ago. I too was worried about him possibly transmitting the virus but we have been fine.

Try not to worry and as said above, monitor symptoms for the next 7-10 days and get a test if necessary. Just try to relax. My partner caught covid and we live together and I didn’t catch it but I manifested symptoms through my anxiety. I took three tests in two weeks and all were negative. It was in my head! So relax is my best advice right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most firefighters have been vaccinated already. I have a relative who is a firefighter and another who's an EMT. Both were in the first groups for vaccination.

In my country there was a delay and we don't have many doses so I doubt they are vaccinated but who knows. I can only hope.

What country are you in? (Sorry, the flag is so small on my screen I can't tell if it's Croatia or Costa Rica)

Croatia. We have Astra Zeneca but many people won't take it. Some older people and our dear politicians got Pfizer.

Well, all the studies show they are all equally effective, and the cases of blood clots for AZ were less than 40 out of 17 million given. I think whatever you can get, you should take.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information