Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WASH

WASH

No, this is not a thread about person hygene.

Last Saturday (the 3rd of Nov) I was listening to Radio 4 in the morning (cause I am posh ).

I only caught bits of it as I was on the phone, but they had a talker in who was explaining that there is an anxiety disorder that manifiests itself in summer. Like the opposite of SAD.

The bits I did hear seemed to ring true to me. The sufferer has greater anxiety in Summer, with long bright days and hotter weather contributing to his/her anxiety, and less anxiety in winter when it's cooler and darker.

Now, I am sure the talker called it WASH, but I cannot remember what this acroynm stands for.

Has anyone heard of WASH? or catch the radio 4 show?

I did search Radio 4's website for it but could not find reference to the show.

Cheers

Jaco

Re: WASH

hey jaco mate , not heard of that and had a in depth search but couldnt find owt..

it does stand for
    women and men against sexual harrasment.

but cant find owt else ..

Radio 4? and you said I was posh!!
    I haven't heard of WASH but it makes sense that long days will affect people just as short ones do. Did they include anything about how to help it? e.g. SAD sufferers have lights?

xx

I said you was posh? was I drunk? . Lucy I was on the blower all the way through it, it was only on for like 10 mins so I am not sure if it concluded with a therapy or remedy.

If SAD sufferer's have light boxes? maybe I should try a cardboard box over my head !!!!!

Jaco,

I googled it but it didnt come up with owt, and I looked on the SAD links too but they never mentioned anything of that name either

Love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

If it exists then I have it as I've found the Summer really hard for years and years. I dread the heat, I hate the light nights and I start feeling that way as soon as Spring starts. However I have never heard of the term WASH, you sure you hadn't been having a tipple before you listened to the radio Jaco

If you can't find anything on their website I'm sure if you emailed them that you would get a response

I didn't hear the show, but i did read an article in the paper about this (was by a woman called Clare Allan).

I think it's just called Summer SAD though - but i could well be wrong. I think I definitely have it whatever it's called I've always felt much better in the colder months.

Anna x

Trac xx Looked everywhere myself, I am sure I am not going mad lol.

Lyn, you know I am fond of a little tipple but 11 AM is early even for me.

I am racking my brains here trying to remember what it stands for. I am sure it was W A Summer H.

Answers on a postcard

You are the same as me Anna, give us snow and ice over hot and sun lol

Lolly I am pretty sure it didn't mention winter. I am tempted to e-mail Radio 4 and find out if no one knows here.

Is the Radio 4 Programme you heard on their listen again listings that they do on their website?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information