Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine And Sickness

Vaccine And Sickness

Hi i post regularly on other forums for GAD it has been a few years since on here and my health is generally OK but the last couple of months i have had some problems and last night was a problem after receiving the AstraZeneca injection yesterday i have had sore bones, fever and shivery.
    I think with all the latest media attention it has had and then getting a bit anxious yesterday and then these side effects are making me very anxious and i have been nauseas during the night. I read the leaflets i got when attending and they explain side effects but after recovering from a back injury last month and now covid like symptoms which i know are going to go away in 48 hours it has set of my health anxiety.

Several years ago i caught norovirus and had 2 days being miserable on top of some bad anxiety i really had a bad couple of weeks and this is similar to that. I have a lot of work to catch up on after my back injury which is healed but i am conscious it will come back with these aches and pains over the last 24 hours and plus being stuck at home without too much contact with family and friends the last week has been tough .
    Anyway i am actually feeling slightly better after drinking lots of tea and taking paracetamol and i will see what the day brings and try to be positive i have the vaccine in my system.

Take Care

Re: Vaccine And Sickness

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had my covid vaccination last Friday, but have aches and pains...headache, tired, hot and cold, it’s now Tuesday so not sure if that’s normal....

Quote Originally Posted by Debbiee View Post
    I had my covid vaccination last Friday, but have aches and pains...headache, tired, hot and cold, it’s now Tuesday so not sure if that’s normal....
    My dad had those very symptoms for about the same duration after his (first) OAZ jab back in February.

Doesn't sound anything like the complications that the media have been making a song and dancing over recently, especially in mainland Europe.

It will pass quickly rcs, and I bet you start to feel better within the next 24 hours. I know 2 people who have had the immune response for more than 48 hours, which can happen, everyone is different, but everyone else has had similar to you for around 24 hours at its worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbiee View Post
    My sister-in-law had the AZ vaccine a month or so ago and had exactly these symptoms for the same period. She's fine now, so I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Hope that helps.

48hrs seems to be information i got and everyone is different with underlying conditions and anxiety can play a part as well....
    I am better as the day goes on just a minor health scare and anxiety playing up

Thanks for Replies ..............
    Last edited by rcs; 06-04-21 at 12:15.

mine with 1st pfizer lasted max 5 days, 48hrs with 2nd dose

Remember, its isn't true 'illness' that is being experienced, but an immune response to the vaccine contents - it can go no further than a certain point, and that point is once your immune system is starting to send signals to create antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieJay92 View Post
    mine with 1st pfizer lasted max 5 days, 48hrs with 2nd dose
    That's odd, as I had my first Pfizer jab on 16th February, and apart from a bit of a painful arm for a couple of days, I don't recall having any 'real' side-effects.

Perhaps it was just a case of pot luck for me, though I guess there's still the odd chance I might end up getting some kind of side-effects following my second (Pfizer) jab.

But I'm not really worrying about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information