Thread: Being referred to the gastrology team

Being referred to the gastrology team

And I am terrified. I am trying to be strong for my partner, since he has a tough week coming up, but I can already feel the anxiety taking over. I had the stool test which come back normal, but I've been having stools which produce more mucus and also pain in my pelvic area. This year has started out so bad already, with quite a lot of stress and loss. I feel as though it's inevitable that it's going to be something super bad. I'm not bleeding, or losing weight (I don't think anyway), so my GP is pretty sure it's not serious, but you know what it's like trying to cope with the stress of something like this when you have anxiety. She said it's gonna take weeks, even though it's an urgent referral. Weeks of waiting and anxiety, I can't wait.

Re: Being referred to the gastrology team

You say that this year started out 'bad already' with 'a lot of stress and loss'. So, it could be entirely possible that you've developed something benign like Irritable Bowel in response to the difficult and stressful situations you have faced. Your GP is pretty sure its nothing serious, I think those are the words to hand onto at the moment. As hard as this can be, waiting for tests which make it feel as if each day is difficult,remember that life goes on before the test AND after seeing the gastro team. I'm sorry I have nothing hugely helpful to add, but didn't want to leave you unanswered on the forum.

Thread Information