Thread: Need some encouragement!

Need some encouragement!

I have an appt Friday morning for My shot. It's earlier then I would like it because I'm really not a good morning person. But it was my only option. I'm hoping since it's early i won't have time to talk myself out of it. I just can't help the fears I have. That it will make my Palos worse or I will be one of the few with really bad side effects. Even thought I'm getting the JJ shot which has less of a chance of bad ones. I've seen alot about a sore arm and bad chills for a few hours. I'm always freezing so thats nothing new lol. I just need some encouragement from people that understand health anxiety
    Thanks!!!!

Re: Need some encouragement!

Palos ?

Go for it Sunflower, do it, like all the millions and millions of others globally you will be just fine. I was utterly terrified, but I guarantee you are building yourself up to imagine things that will not happen. For weeks I dreaded and feared the appointment, it was over in minutes and within 24 -48 hours my very minimal side effects were gone. I honestly wonder now, why I got myself in such a state.

Are you going with your SIL ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Palos ?
    I think that's a typo for 'palps'.

I think you should take your relative with you for reassurance, but it's worth remembering an old legal phrase here - that the anticipation of the verdict is usually much worse than the verdict itself.

I’m really pleased you’re going to have it! Hopefully the side effects will be much shorter and less bothersome than the time you spend being anxious about it. That’s not a judgement by the way - most people with HA are probably anxious too! Let us know how you get on x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you're anxious but really, it was no worse than the flu vaccine. A little sore arm and feeling kinda yuck for a couple days and we're fine. I expect the 2nd dose to be the same. Really, you'll be fine and the peace of mind is well worth any inconvenience

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My daughter had the J&J shot last Saturday and her only side effect was a slightly sore arm and a bit of a headache. She was fine by Monday. I know it’s hard but try not to stress yourself too much over it all. I think you’ll find after your shot that there wasn’t much worth worrying about as you’re going to be just fine. Hugs!!

Whatever happens, Sunflower318 - do keep us posted. You have much love and support here

Thank you everyone! I'm always pretty nauseous in the morning
    Even on good days so it's not going to be a great start to the day since I'll have to drive 45 min away. And now my husband will be home so thays added stress I'll have to deal with.

You can do this! I've just had my first Moderna (second one next week) and I was definitely sitting in the waiting area afterward worrying about every sensation and if it was a bad reaction. Spoiler: I was fine.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information