Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
It can take several years for the cycle to become a cycle ! She clearly isn't in a regular 'cycle' so using the word 'mid cycle' is errenous. Some people never do become regular and remain irregular, but the majority will eventually settle. Longer cycle length, longer bleeds, spots, on off bleeding, missed periods and so on in puberty are to be expected. Its as simple as that, its puberty, its hormones.

You DO KNOW what is causing it, why are you saying you don't ? - irregular hormones, the same as irregular hormones cause bleeding /period changes at the end of the reproductive years. The same irregular hormones often cause irregular bleeding for women who come off the contraceptive pill. Why are you searching for a different reason, when there is already the same reason that applies to other teenagers ? Right, that is your cbt rationalising done for you , now you need to use the information everyone has given to assist yourself.

Make sure your daughter feels confident in coming to talk to you, in a 'non stressy/anxious way' if she needs to, and perhaps she can have a nice 'light' conversation with you so that you don't need to be knowing what is going on by checking in the bins.
Thanks for that response Carys. I just needed someone to talk a bit of sense into me.
I was doing reasonably ok with my cbt lately and it was as if I suddenly hit a brick wall with this. Couldn't step back and rationalise. Fell straight down the rabbit hole
I'll just put it down to a little blip and carry on.......