Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This time it could be ?

Re: This time it could be ?

Yes I'm convinced this time it could be something bad even though I have had these thoughts many times before but feel like this is the worst that I have ever been . I just don't seam to be getting any better

Quote Originally Posted by carriewriting View Post

I also have a very negative mindset and an over active sense of responsibility (eg. must find things early or it'll be my fault) I'm working hard to change that in therapy.
    That's me to a T. It's exhausting feeling such a sense of responsibility for everyone and everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by lees6655 View Post
    How many have thought this time it could be something serious just wanted to see how many of you think this as Iam thinking this now but I know I have thought this many times before . I know its probably a stupid question on no more panic but just wanted to see what other people think
    Yes, I do this often. Sometimes I pop onto YouTube and listen to some lectures about catastrophic thinking. Not meditative type videos (though I listen to those as well), but logical, studied principles about why we do this. I've found that understanding the science (behavioral science?) of what I do is more grounding to me than other calming techniques.

Posted elsewhere too but this describes my own thinking to a T - "well, it has to happen to someone, so why not me?"

I'm also brilliant at fantastical/catastrophic thinking too (at the moment, despite indications to the contrary, I'm wondering if I have acute mercury poisoning).

Every single time for me.....my anxiety is through the roof this week - 4 separate times for 4 separate issues in the last week.

Every. Single. Time. Every. Single. Time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information