Thread: Pain centre upper stomach

Pain centre upper stomach

I’ve got myself into a real state. On Friday night I woke up to really sharp pain in my stomach. They were at very bottom of ribs in the area above belly button. In the morning I got up and the pains were on and off throughout the day. Seemed worse with some movement. Since then they have lessoned and today I’ve had a couple of small stabs. If I press the area I can sometime feel the pain. I have also got acid sensation in throat but can’t believe the pain is caused by acid. I saw a doctor today (locum) who gave me a very brief feel of stomach and basically said it wasn’t what I feared - pancreatic cancer. I’m absolutely terrified after reading that that’s where the pain is felt and the fact that the pain can be worse when lying down. The pain pops up if I lay on my sides curled up.
    Yesterday I convinced myself my eyes were yellow, doctor said no.
    I asked for blood tests which he agreed to.
    Has anyone else felt this type of pain - literally in the centre a few inches above bellybutton?

I ant eat or sleep for fear. I’m 52 female so know that I’m old enough for pc.

Re: Pain centre upper stomach

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    I have also got acid sensation in throat but can’t believe the pain is caused by acid.
    Believe it! Both my wife and I get this occasionally, especially when we've eaten something we shouldn't have. Get yourself an OTC acid/indigestion reducer, look into the FODMAP diet and watch what you eat for a while. Relux/indigestion causes everything you've described.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Really Fish?
    Like right in the centre but a few inches above navel? It’s horrible and I thought it would have totally disappeared by now.

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    Really Fish?
    Like right in the centre but a few inches above navel? It’s horrible and I thought it would have totally disappeared by now.
    My wife gets that along with bloating. Like I said, it's mostly when we've eaten something we really shouldn't have. A couple weeks ago, I was in the mood for some ribs. I know we should eat them but the temptation was too strong I cooked them all day in the crock pot and finished them on the grill. Made a sauce out of the juices and such. DEFINITELY way too rich I assure you! And while they were sinfully good to eat, both her and I were sick for a week afterwards. Bad reflux, loose stools, stomach pain etc. The same thing happens when we have pizza and when we do indulge, it's a white pizza without the red sauce. If we have a good 'ol NY style pizza with the works, it lays us out so.... What did you eat prior to this happening?

Your doctor checked you out so it's not what you fear. I don't know what your diet habits are like but I know for a fact that as we age, we don't tolerate things the way we used to. Check out the link I posted, keep a journal of what you eat and if you have a reaction and reduce/eliminate those foods. We take a prescription PPI and follow that diet. We keep a bottle of Mylanta around for any breakthrough reflux.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank Fish.
    I will look at that link you sent. X

Having that pain now but I ate a trigger food all weekend which is tomatoes oh and avocado at dinner, hubby goes remember the last time you had avocado? I forgot it had sorbitol (sp) in it, I felt and feel like I am dying, why does it hurt so badly, yes I took a peppermint oil tab x 2 hours apart, used a hot water bottle, heating pad and deep breathing, pressure point, I don't know what else to do. Just ride it out and stay calm I guess.
    Last edited by Pkstracy; 12-04-21 at 07:59.

Thread Information