Thread: Urine test/ red blood cells....scared!

Urine test/ red blood cells....scared!

I’m just posting to see if anyone else has been through anything similar.

Just before Easter I had what I thought was a UTI, dip stick test showed leukocytes so given antibiotics and urine sent to the lab to be looked at.

Today I have been told no infection found, they have however picked up red blood cells. My GP has said the rates that are considered ok is 0-10 and mine is 13.

I have to send another sample in tomorrow to be sent onto the lab again and I’m trying so hard not to spiral.

Google points you towards the scary stuff, I know that so am resisting looking....

I know it’s unlikely now to get results back before the weekend so will have to try and manage my worries until I know more next week.

Anybody else ever had similar happen to them?

Thank you xx

Re: Urine test/ red blood cells....scared!

Yes I had red blood cells in my urine when it got sent off to the lab.. Was a kidney infection and my god didn't i know about it! Was the worse week of my life. Antibiotics sorted it though! Yours is only 3 points above.. Honestly, coming from someone who is having an HA relapse, that wouldn't worry me at all. See what the second sample says! Are you feeling better after having your antibiotics? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietysufferer92 View Post
    Yes I had red blood cells in my urine when it got sent off to the lab.. Was a kidney infection and my god didn't i know about it! Was the worse week of my life. Antibiotics sorted it though! Yours is only 3 points above.. Honestly, coming from someone who is having an HA relapse, that wouldn't worry me at all. See what the second sample says! Are you feeling better after having your antibiotics? Xx
    Hi Anxietysufferer

The burning has certainly eased, I have always suffered from pelvic pain/ back aches so when I got this result given today my minds drifted towards the ‘what if’s’.

Will send in another sample tomorrow and see what happens, hopefully it will come back in normal range!

Xx

So after a long weekend of waiting i called my GP surgery this morning....No results back yet and not sure when they will come in the receptionist told me. Im a little worried as usually when i have a urine result sent to the lab its back within a day or two so i hope its not been lost.

I'm trying my best to keep things in perspective, im so worried though as i lost my mum to cancer and my uncle has been diagnosed with bladder cancer so my mind is all over the place.

Thread Information