Thread: Armpit is making me crazy

Armpit is making me crazy

I’m hoping someone can help me. For the last month or two, my HA has been focussed on my armpit. One is puffier than the other. I can’t feel a lump at all, but it does feel slightly puffier/fatter than the other. All over - not in one spot. My HA is so bad, I can’t tell if there is a lump or if my anxiety is stopping me from checking properly. I can’t look at myself in the mirror at the moment and can barely shave or wash under my arms because I’m scared of what I will find. I got my husband to feel my armpits the other night, and he said the armpit I’m worried about felt a bit tight like I’d pulled a muscle. Could a lump feel like that? I’m really scared.

Re: Armpit is making me crazy

It sounds like a bit of asymmetry to me. It's quite possible you've been like that for a long time but only noticed it in the past few months. But if it is a recent thing, I'd be happy with what your husband said when he felt it. There's a big difference between a tight muscle feeling and a lump. If the muscle is a bit tight at the moment then you'd expect it to appear a little bit puffier.

Realistically speaking...

This arm put thing has got me really spiralling at the moment.....or my anxiety is out of control and I’m focussing it all on my arm pit. I just don’t know.

I know we are supposed to challenge our worries. So, realistically speaking...

I can’t feel a lump at all. It just feels a bit swollen or puffy or something. If it WAS a lump (or the C word) it would feel like a lump.
    Yes, I can feel sensations a bit like a strained muscle. No pain. And I’m almost certain the sensations I feel move locations ever so slightly. If it was the C word, surely there would be pain and it would always be in the same spot.
    I have had similar issues in the past that lasted for months - sensations that I knew were going to be fatal, all to find out they were nothing - and then they disappeared never to return again. Statistically speaking, it’s most likely to be the anxiety I am feeling, surely.

That is right, isn’t it? Because I’m breaking out in a full on sweat just typing this.

It’s not easy to confront the beast.

ETA I am worried mostly about lymph nodes. For the record, I don’t know what part of the arm pit to even find them. I don’t know what they are supposed to feel like when things go bad....How can I be so worried about something I know nothing about?? I just can’t go on like this.

Re: Armpit is making me crazy

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information