Thread: You Know You've Googled too much when...

You Know You've Googled too much when...

When your Facebook is full of ads for cancer one day, Uti the next, with a healthy mixture of Lady Gaga pages thrown in for good measure.

Anyone else?

Re: You Know You've Googled too much when...

I really try not to Google medical stuff. If I do, though, I go into incognito mode on my browser so that I can avoid that very thing - my medical anxieties being spoonfed to me.

...You get invited to the AGM as a special guest.

......You know indepth terminology for illnesses (and use it with ease) that makes your doctor, or people on this forum, look puzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by KallaMouse View Post
    I really try not to Google medical stuff. If I do, though, I go into incognito mode on my browser so that I can avoid that very thing - my medical anxieties being spoonfed to me.
    I do this too. I try to remember to close out of the page if I do it on my phone because I don't like opening the page by accident once I'm feeling better then being reminded of whatever it was I was worried about. I try to only stick to the NHS website too if they have a page on what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo View Post
    I do this too. I try to remember to close out of the page if I do it on my phone because I don't like opening the page by accident once I'm feeling better then being reminded of whatever it was I was worried about. I try to only stick to the NHS website too if they have a page on what I'm looking for.
    I do something similar as well. I look for sources from other countries (usually Australia) because American sites are overly sensationalized, I think.

I didn't know you could do that on Incognito. But I am the same, as soon as I get something, I am reaching for the Google Chrome and searching.

But I am the same, as soon as I get something, I am reaching for the Google Chrome and searching.
    ....its a habit you must try and break, absolutely MUST, its so incredibly damaging.

You start to worry the police are going to show up LOL (working on writing true crime and disaster books and I have googled so much about unsolved cases, murder, serial killers, mass shootings, fires, bombings, floods....

Thread Information