Thread: Weird Vision Problem

Weird Vision Problem

So I do want to get out that I am an anxious person. Now that that's stated I can explain the unusual visual problem with my left eye.

Have you ever shift your pupil to look at your nose when stationary? You probably have at some point (it's just one of those things most people have done). Well... have you done this while moving your head, keeping your pupil fixed on that one spot? I'm not exactly sure why I decided to do this... but I did with my left eye and noticed something strange. When my head got to a certain point there was like a warp in what my pupil was seeing. The best way I can describe it is if you were capable of making an indentation in the air by pressing your eyeball into it, and the space around it warping to match the weight.

I've gotten yearly eye exams forever and there's never been any mention of anything wrong (I'm also getting one next week. And plan to bring it up there.) I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything else like this. This doesn't happen with my right eye, and since I'm almost able to constantly reproduce the phenomenon, it doesn't seem good (though I will say it's less noticeable on dark surfaces, more noticeable on brighter ones.)

Re: Weird Vision Problem

The question is, why would you or anyone perform such a bizarre self checking behavior?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The question is, why would you or anyone perform such a bizarre self checking behavior?

Positive thoughts
    Honestly? I did it by complete accident the first time I ever noticed it.

Mine does this. Always assumed its normal.

In just one eye? It may very well be normal. I'm hoping that it is... The best way I could explain the warping was the above paragraph, or... if you had rubbing your eyeball with your eyelids closed, that pressure your finger puts on the eye looks quite similar to the warping I see, just with no finger.. and in one spot

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart12 View Post
    In just one eye? It may very well be normal. I'm hoping that it is... The best way I could explain the warping was the above paragraph, or... if you had rubbing your eyeball with your eyelids closed, that pressure your finger puts on the eye looks quite similar to the warping I see, just with no finger.. and in one spot
    AGAIN....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    No one... and I mean NO ONE, would be asked or do such a bizarre self checking behavior to evaluate their vision nor would they even begin to think it was abnormal even if they purposely performed it! Of course, if you do something the body never does EVER under normal circumstances, and pay an abnormal amount of attention to it, you might find the results different than normal life but c'mon now WW12.... look at what you're doing to yourself to give yourself something to worry about! The solution is simple... DON'T DO THAT TO YOURSELF!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information