Thread: Swollen lymph node on left collar bone. Absolutely terrified.

Swollen lymph node on left collar bone. Absolutely terrified.

Hi all, I'm really scared. I noticed a small movable but hardish lump by my left collar bone 2 weeks ago. It was a bit sore which is why I noticed it.... Of course I went on Google which made me panic. Apparently that's one of the most worrying places to have swollen lymph nodes, most cases are malignant according to Google 😑 Especially worrying cos I have other symptoms that have been getting progressively worse. Night sweats, Exhaustion, Dizziness, Bloated tummy And breathlessness. Now I'm well aware that all those symptoms could be anxiety related, but they also happen to match exactly the accompanying symptoms to lookout for with this type of lymph node swelling... marvellous.

My anxiety has been getting progressively worse throughout this pandemic. I had a mental breakdown in January. I have Chiari Malformation type 1, which is flaring up and I think I'm going through perimenopause... so this is all completely overwhelming me and exacerbating my anxiety.

I also read in my Google searches that there have been an increase in lymph node swelling reports with medical practices following people having their Covid19 vaccines.. found several articles saying not to worry if you get swollen nodes in your arm pit or collar bone on the side of your injection following vaccination. This reassured me temporarily, as I had had my vaccine the day before I felt the lump BUT, it's been 15 days since my jab and it's still there and now I'm questioning whether it was there before and all my other symptoms are getting worse and I'm totally spiralling.... 😔

I'm not sure what I'm hoping anyone could say to me at this point, but if anyone has had anything the same or similar, please share, as I'm now waiting to hear back from my gp having done an eConsult form online.. they won't get back to me till Monday... I'm terrified they'll send me to get it checked, my literal worst nightmare, I'm scared my anxiety is going to get worse and worse and I'm petrified of the obvious. 😩

Re: Swollen lymph node on left collar bone. Absolutely terrified.

There's a LOT of Googling in your post. That is THE most common point made in every single post here. I think you know where I'm going with this

Let us know how you make out.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks.

Sigh... well, if Google says it, it must be true.
    c'est la vie

Hey! Been there done that. Please don’t freak out everyone has lymph nodes. Just Because you feel them does it mean it’s something bad.I know easier said than done but I have had my scares away lymph nodes have multiple of them I have them in my groin armpit neck collar bone. I’ve had them many years . Of course go and get it check out if you’re having other symptoms. It’s most likely due to anxiety or a benign case. Please just wants to Dr says your okay let it go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I know Google is the worst, but why does it say all the worst case stuff?! I'm sorry, I'm just in a bad place and I guess just looking for understanding from people who get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimoonshine View Post
    Thanks everyone. I know Google is the worst, but why does it say all the worst case stuff?!
    1. Worst case articles get the most clicks.

2. I'm sure there are some legal reasons why medical websites need to list every possibility, no matter how remote.

3. Google IS the worst.

I felt one yesterday above collarbone on right side-injection side. I had a major freak-out too- I mean lymph node AND collarbone . But I'm seeing so many of these posts here I'm starting to feel a bit better. I also don't know if it was there before. Mine is not painful but soft and moveable. I guess I'll just wait and see. Thank goodness for this forum!

Hi

How long did the lymph node take to go down? I'm in the same situation after flu jab. Thank you

The lymph node is likely reacting to the vaccine, it’s pretty common and even though Google tells you a lymph node popping up in your collarbone area is a dire situation that’s NOT always the case in fact the odds of a lymph node being a benign reactive lymph node are greater then it being a malignant one no matter where on your body you find it. It takes a bit for a reactive lymph node to go back to normal so I’m not surprised that it’s still present after 15 days not to mention the more you touch it the longer it’s gonna hang around and poke at it to much it may never.

Lymphoma is scary to be sure but the truth is blood cancers are pretty rare when compared to other types of cancer and so try not to worry (((hugs)))
    Last edited by Careful1; 27-10-21 at 03:39.

Thread Information