Quote Originally Posted by Rluvz View Post
Hi Joe!, Just wondering, I do get adrenaline being released at UN-NEEDED times. Usually when I start to take a nap, just jolting awake due to adrenaline. Although sometimes I do get sleep paralysis+Jolting i can tell it is the wrong signals of adrenaline and drift off to sleep after awhile.
Another point i'd like to know is the muscle tension. Like yes i know this is really common among anxiety/panic people, but I find that my muscle tension is primarily on my lower back..
So in regards to stretching, does it help? I think my back 'pain' is also contributing to 'stress' aka 'physical stress' instead of mental, because i really can't find any reason why I'm 'stressed mentally'.
I think the word 'stress' is misunderstood a bit. People tend to assume that stress is a mental thing, work, money, relationships etc. But stress can be anything including bad diet, smoking, exercising too much, physical trauma, illness etc etc. It's anything that makes the body compensate for something else. Stress in itself is part of life and the body can compensate, but not when it's long term.

The adrenaline you're experiencing is likely to be because your adrenals have been overworked for a long time. It's something I still experience now, but because I know what it is (and my life is at full stress every day for various reasons) I can compensate for it myself without it becoming a chronic problem.

Muscle tension is just the same thing. Your CNS is constantly 'on', so muscles tend to mis-activate. If it's lower back it could also be compounded by bad posture, not getting enough exercise etc.

Exercise is one of the best all round solutions for both the problems you're describing here as it provides the body with the perfect antidote to adrenaline which is endorphins. Just be wary of exercising too much as this is just as likely to make you feel worse as it is to make you feel better.

And watch what you eat. We have been used to eating mostly processed crap over the last few decades, and a good diet makes a massive difference overall, over time.