My success story.

In November 2014, I started working in a busy chip shop. It was very hard to deal with the physical effect. Sweating and being quite manic. I persevered, not letting it get the better of me. My head was focused but my body reacted. I was there for 6years, so things became easier over time. Then covid happened, the beginning of the first lockdown I lost my job. I was devastated.
I spoke to my boss about this but he couldn't do anything. Then at Xmas, he turned up at my door with gifts and tip money. He told me I was the best employee he had ever had. This was nice to hear but I took it with a pinch of salt. As it still didn't mean I had a job. I was angry and upset about it as I'd given him so much of me.
Then out of the blue 3 days ago, I get a phone call from him. Telling me again how good I was, that he wanted me to come back. I umm'd and ahh'd about it for a while, then got off my high horse and said okay. We negotiated over pay and hours. Surprisingly I got a very good deal. However I had been out of work for a year. Sat on my sofa doing nothing, so I now had to go through all the physical effects again. This time they were worse, because I wasn't sure how people would take to me going back. So today was my first day back. I was so anxious and panicky. But I got up, had a shower and did my make up. I wanted to look good. Anything to make it easier. I had to catch two buses to get there. Which was so stressful. I did it though. I got there nice and early allowing myself time to compose myself.
The doors opened and the mania started, sweating and feeling physically sick. I pushed through it, survived and now am so proud of myself. Big confidence boost. My customers were so happy to see me back. All had nice things to say. It was a brilliant night. I am so made up. proud of myself.
Well done Enola. xx