Thread: Old worry is back, need advice

Old worry is back, need advice

The usual heart worries, 46, smoker and drink, not overweight

have pins and needles constantly in hands and feet, occasional lightheadedness, chest discomfort kind of, pain in upper left shoulder and upper arm, and occasional pain in thumb

getting myself worked up and have since relapsed into closely becoming agoraphobic (last was 23 years ago) last ecg was feb 20 and all clear

i do also suffer migraines and high BP but the last 2 days its been 120/75 ish pulse 92

thanks for reading

Re: Old worry is back, need advice

just to add i am hoping its just stress and anxiety as we have a big health worry in the family at the moment and it seems to have eased alot now x

also have a very dry mouth, extreme thirst and no appetite despite feeling hungry, the thought and taste of food makes me want to physically vomit

please help

JulieJ, everything you describe is anxiety related IMO, especially in light of a clear ECG, and I truly believe you know that deep down based on your current situation. Needless to say, you smoke and drink and you know that's detrimental as well as you know what you need to do. Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 10-04-21 at 20:38.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

thanks fmp, back from work and some of the pains have stopped or eased, think it was all a mixture of stress and tense muscles

I'm also struggling with the old fear of heart worries again, sending you a big hug x It can be very hard can't it

update - after having bloods done all my electrolytes were low plus magnesium and calcium which exagerate anxiety, have been in hospital, had my levels topped up via IV and had 2 ECG's heart is perfectly fine, levels low due to chronic IBS

my only advice if any i can give is to go to drs and get full blood count, electrolytes, magnesium and calcium tested as this seems to be quite common from what the dr told me over the 2.5/3 days i was in

hope this maybe helps others xxx
    Last edited by JulieJay92; 15-04-21 at 08:58.

Thread Information