Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size distortion?

Re: Size distortion?

Pinocchio foot

One reason not to let HA become your puppet master?

We need to stop labelling everything that a human being experiences a disorder.
    I agree with this. Sometimes the brain and the eyes just play tricks - you've presumably tried some optical illusions and know that its possible. So, why if events, thinking, emotional status, space and visual cues line up could you not feel something that is a bit of a 'trick'. Have I had this ? Yes, of course, I thought it could happen to all people now and again. I've had it where surfaces feel/look different heights than they usually do, and that I feel larger than usual in a room.

I’m glad some of you enjoyed my Pinocchio dream. I have no idea where my brain came up with that one. I haven’t seen or thought of Pinocchio for years.

I’m feeling a bit better about everything today. I hope it lasts 🤪.

My husband has been dead for about 2 1/2 years now. I was talking to a friend last night about some of the worst of the abuse. The more time that passes, the more I see how badly I was hurt. I would try to leave the house when my husband was verbally assaulting me. When I couldn’t get away fast enough, I would dissociate. I’d have to call one of my friends to help calm me down and get my sense of self back. This happened dozens of times.

I can’t believe I stayed in that relationship, but I did. We were married for almost 39 years. (The abuse slowly escalated throughout our marriage.)

In sum, I’ve been severely traumatized for a long time. As a result, I’m going to see, hear, feel, and think weird things for a long time.

Thank you, again, for being a place I can turn to when my demons get the best of me.

~ Debbie

So sorry to hear that Debbie. Any kind of abuse can certainly take a toll on your mental well-being and you seem to have gone through a lot in those 39 years. Sometimes it’s so hard to get away because you love them so much. I’m not sure what your relationship was like but it does sound like it was complicated. Sending you lots of wishes for healing and health.

Thank you for your kind thoughts Katniss ❤️

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information