Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Referred to breast clinic, diagnosed myself with breast cancer secondary liver cancer

Re: Referred to breast clinic, diagnosed myself with breast cancer secondary liver ca

Well, I'll tell you this, if I'd known about the Pfizer vaccine on that side, in that arm - then I'd have said the same much earlier about it being the most likely cause. There is a thread on here that talks about just that, other people with lymph nodes in armpit up after the jab, glassgirl (a member) posted a link to raised lymph nodes under the arm AND in the breast being a possibility after the jab. Infact, they are even saying that women should tell radiographers if they have had the jab and are having a mammogram in the following weeks ! DId they ultrasound the 'thickened' area ?

Re: Referred to breast clinic, diagnosed myself with breast cancer secondary liver ca

Sorry, I should have mentioned it but I didn't even link the two things together at first. It's somewhat reassuring to know that it could just be the vaccine, but I do worry that they have been enlarged for longer and I just haven't noticed, especially with it being the same side as the thickening. It's been almost 4 weeks now and they're still enlarged. She did the ultrasound of the lymph nodes then went to put the machine away. I said "could you just look at this area please?" And pointed to my breast. She said "yes, I'll go over it because you seem anxious. I'll take some pictures so we have them on record and can compare if you come back." But she was very quick and I'm not even sure she looked at the part I pointed to. I felt a little rushed to be honest, like she'd already decided it was nothing and didn't need to investigate further. Have everything crossed for the NHS appointment on Wednesday now.

Just another update since I had my NHS appointment (in case anyone has similar symptoms and would like to know the outcome):

I had my NHS breast clinic appointment. This consultant said she could in fact feel the thickening in my breast and that my lymph nodes definitely felt enlarged to her. She sent me for an ultrasound, and I started to panic (lots). The radiologist spent a long time (a lot longer than the private radiologist) looking at my breast and armpit lymph nodes. She said the breast tissue all looked normal and that the lymph nodes do not look malignant at all. She confirmed that some were enlarged but that they appear reactive. She said this could be due to the vaccine I had 4 weeks prior, or due to something else benign, and that they can take a long time to go back down once they become enlarged. Considering how thorough she was, and the fact that she's the second radiologist to say all looks fine, I feel very reassured. There's still a little niggle in my mind that says "but what if they don't go back down?" - but I believe that is the anxiety speaking, so I'm telling it to shut up

Well, 'HopeI'mWrong' you were wrong and next time don't just 'hope' - work on it proactively. Not only did you think you had breast cancer but you had diagnosed various terminal secondaries. That is two sets of skilled people who have said the same. The issue is over, be happy, many would be over the moon with the lack of a diagnoses you have come out with today.
    Last edited by Carys; 29-04-21 at 16:49.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information