Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I bought a house!!

Re: I bought a house!!

Oh yes, student homes can be quite grim. What happens (sadly) is they rent out these awesome historic homes and don't do any maintenance and just let them go until they can't anymore, then they sell to a developer to tear down for apartments.

I kind of love living in/near a college neighborhood - I've found college kids are usually pretty nice and chill individuals.

I actually work in a research compliance office at my university. So we take in research proposals and evaluate them to make sure the research is ethical and all guidelines are being followed. I'm the main admin person in the office so I see it all. I love my job - pays peanuts, but it's great and the people I work with are awesome. I'm in grad school for university student affairs, which I took because I love working at a university and I can take classes for free since I work there. But, I'm also kind of considering taking on technical writing to see if I enjoy that. I've written lots of SOP manuals for my office and have found I'm pretty good at it, and there is apparently quite a promising field in technical writing.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Poppy, this is amazing news!! Congratulations!! Owning your own home is such a huge step, you and your pupper (And kitty) will be so happy! I’m with you on the basement especially with pets. Tornadoes here as well and were back in siren season now. Just drove home with them blaring a couple weeks ago. No sooner pulled out of work parking lot and they started going off lol. Always have the worst timing.

enjoy your new home, and have fun decorating! I love the vintage/antique/flea shops! Such great finds.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Oh yes, student homes can be quite grim. What happens (sadly) is they rent out these awesome historic homes and don't do any maintenance and just let them go until they can't anymore, then they sell to a developer to tear down for apartments.

I kind of love living in/near a college neighborhood - I've found college kids are usually pretty nice and chill individuals.

I actually work in a research compliance office at my university. So we take in research proposals and evaluate them to make sure the research is ethical and all guidelines are being followed. I'm the main admin person in the office so I see it all. I love my job - pays peanuts, but it's great and the people I work with are awesome. I'm in grad school for university student affairs, which I took because I love working at a university and I can take classes for free since I work there. But, I'm also kind of considering taking on technical writing to see if I enjoy that. I've written lots of SOP manuals for my office and have found I'm pretty good at it, and there is apparently quite a promising field in technical writing.
    Honestly, that sounds like a great job if you can take free classes. I love to study. I think I could manage a job in a University library if I got to take free classes. So long as the basic bills are paid I could study forever.

I do a fair bit of technical writing but it's more so with setting up web servers and such like. $200 per article is about the going rate. What other areas involve technical writing? I've not really thought about it outside of IT.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information