Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lump middle of neck

Re: Lump middle of neck

Also in an earlier post you said the paramedic got you a doctors appointment. What happened to the doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Also in an earlier post you said the paramedic got you a doctors appointment. What happened to the doctor?
    I'm not sure as I was in the back of the ambulance, the chemist I fainted in was next door to my doctors so he went in a got an appointment for me, he came back out and just you've got a doctors appointment tomorrow at 10am

Where I live Shaun, I can walk out my door tomorrow and see a different doctor every hour if I want to. I’m not sure how it works where you are but I would be trying to see a doctor as soon as you can. Not because I think you have cancer or something else serious but because you are now in the hands of someone who thinks it’s no big deal to start mentioning the “cancer route”. There isn’t a person with HA who wouldn’t spiral after being told that.

Where I live Shaun, I can walk out my door tomorrow and see a different doctor every hour if I want to. I’m not sure how it works where you are but I would be trying to see a doctor as soon as you can. Not because I think you have cancer or something else serious but because you are now in the hands of someone who thinks it’s no big deal to start mentioning the “cancer route”. There isn’t a person with HA who wouldn’t spiral after being told that.
    My doctors surgery has doctors and nurses, this is the first time I have seen a nurse at my doctors surgery, when I first walked in the receptionist said "shaun for the nurse" and then said "that way for the nurse" I found this odd as I have never seen a nurse before and on my form from the paramedics it says "will see doctor tomorrow at 10am". I really don't know why I was booked in with a nurse.

Also she said on the phone I spoke to a colleague like she didn't have the power to refer me, but she did say she wasn't concerned about cancer

Maybe they all know about your health anxiety and didn’t think it was necessary to see the doctor. I would think that if the nurse looked at your neck and thought there was a need for the doctor to look at it then that would have happened. Nurse practitioners can refer patients for certain tests but even if your nurse was one of those nurses one would think the doctor would have made that call. I really don’t know.

I think she has suspected something bad. I honestly don't know what to do now.

Ask to see your doctor and tell him how all of this has made you feel. If the staff a your surgery won’t let you see the doctor then go and find a new doctor.

I can't do this, it's got to be serious I know it. The nurse has me questioning everything now, she asked if had come up suddenly or its been there a while, I think it's been there a long time but I don't know now. I've looked in photos and in some I can a bump in my neck on the same which actually looks bigger than now. I don't know anything anymore. A fast track 2 week is serious and the nurse or someone else she spoke to is seriously worried about it

Ask to see your doctor and tell him how all of this has made you feel. If the staff a your surgery won’t let you see the doctor then go and find a new doctor.
    Sorry I replied before seeing your latest post. I want to see a doctor but I don't know what else they can do. The nurse upped my meds and gave me sleeping tablets, she didn't actually fill out a prescription for me so I'll have to ring to get it

A doctor can tell you what else it could be. That will give you a different way to think about it. I know the nurse told you she doesn’t think it’s cancer but your brain is stuck on cancer now. Most of us with HA will think of the worst case scenario if we aren’t given any other scenarios. I’m not a doctor but I’m sure there a lot of things that can cause a lump like you have, most of them harmless. I don’t care what anyone says you shouldn’t be left to agonise for weeks over it being cancer. You need to be able to counteract that type of thinking with other scenarios. For example, “ well it could just be a harmless cyst or a normal part of my anatomy like my doctor said”. You deserve that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information