Thread: Worried about the possibility of war

Unhappy Worried about the possibility of war

This morning on the radio I heard my country's former defense minister say that he thought there could be a war between Australia and China within 5-10 years, probably over the Taiwan situation. The fact that he used to be defense minister (he's now a university professor I think) just gives an extra layer of legitimacy to this statement in my mind. If the war was to remain local I wouldn't like it but I wouldn't panic. What I'm really worried about though is the possibility of Australia getting directly attacked somehow. I know this is probably extraordinarily unlikely, but the possibility is really gnawing at my brain.

Re: Worried about the possibility of war

Hi there. our country also faced the same situation, currently our government is having dispute with China. However, we don't need to worry as early as now. Eventually, things may change and may lead to a positive results. As ordinary citizens, the way we can contribute to yield positive changes is to exercise our right of suffrage. In that way, we can put great leaders who will represent us.

Hi! Yeah, there's quite a lot of that at the moment. There have always been international disputes and tensions, and every single doomsday scare I can remember over the last several years - Ukraine, North Korea, Iran, etc - has not become anything wider. Yes, exactly, we should remember what we can do, and it's not nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Peterthegreatworrier View Post
    Hi! Yeah, there's quite a lot of that at the moment. There have always been international disputes and tensions, and every single doomsday scare I can remember over the last several years - Ukraine, North Korea, Iran, etc - has not become anything wider. Yes, exactly, we should remember what we can do, and it's not nothing
    Also remember the press love scare stories.

You're correct in the sense that we've had issues over the past decade or more with the likes of Ukraine, NK, Iran, Syria, Libya, etc, and so far (touch wood) none of them have escalated into a full-on Third World War!

Thread Information