Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is 'Persistent'?

What is 'Persistent'?

I'm in the middle of a nasty flare-up of HA; I won't say which particular cancer it is that my subconscious has decided I've got now.
    My logical brain is pretty sure that it's been caused by a mixture of stress & boredom. [I took early retirement from my job with effect from 1 April 2020 - was that ever a bad decision!]
    I've been able to avoid googling so far, except on the UK NHS website, which isn't too bad, I think, and I'm trying to avoid seeking reassurance.
    There's one question I'd like to ask, though. In medical terms, what's the definition of 'persistent'? Does it mean every day [in the case of a digestive symptom, for example] or all the time [e.g. a pain]? Is anyone able to throw any light on this?
    PS: I've been astonished to find that the coronavirus hasn't set my HA off. I'm concerned about it, but only to the level of a 'normal' person without HA. I do my best to follow the advice, but I'm totally able to dismiss it from my mind. Very weird but I know how lucky I am Anybody else find this?

Re: What is 'Persistent'?

My understanding from a medical standpoint, it's a symptom that doesn't go away. It can vary in intensity but it's always there.

This is a good example of persistent

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Brilliant, thanks! I hoped so.
    Loved the clip - reminds me of my HA when I try to ignore it & it carries on in my ear "you ARE ill, you know!!"

Cool Re: What is 'Persistent'?

Corona had no effect on my HA at all. In fact, compared to all the crazy shoppers in the supermarket I felt like one of the most rational people on the planet. Although I did and still do buy lots of toilet paper.

I do the same,swajj I still buy the 24 pk of toilet paper every time I go shopping and I live on my own must be OCD(as I was told)
    My neighbour always makes sure I get limes for his Corona

lol Lola, I have shelves of toilet paper. It’s so ridiculous

Same here, I think it’s because of when people went mad last year and I couldn’t get any even at work we only got 1 sheet and I am a scruncher

You always make me laugh.

I remember being in Coles and they had to put a barrier at each end of the toilet paper aisle because people were pushing each other out of the way to get in the aisle.

Did you see the fight with the 2 women!that was hilarious
    The good thing was when they had no paper and it was on special I would ask for a rain check,so when the shelves were stocked again I got 8,12 pks of Quilton for $5.50

Laughter is good swajj.xx

I never thought to do that Lola but I will if there is a next time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information