Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: US agencies call for pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine

Re: US agencies call for pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

You know it's interesting. Back in the 50's people lined up for the polio vaccine. We effectively eradicated it due to a massive vaccination effort. Now, here we are, 70 years later, people walk around with electronic brains in their pockets, we've landed on Mars yet people believe in absolute nonsense! While we may be evolving technologically, it seems the brain is going backwards!
    Hear hear.

For the record out of about a dozen people I know who have actually had Covid, 3 of them are dead (all under 50) and one of them (in his early 50s) has had two serious clotting incidents months after being infected. The second one nearly killed him, only the fact that he used to be a military paramedic saved his life as he dosed himself up with aspirin as soon as he realised what was happening. He still had a small stroke on the way to hospital though.

But this new 'knowledge' that people have over the dangers of vaccines is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Thanks Pamplemousse, I did try to add them, but then when I clicked on the links from NMP it took me to a paywall.
    Errrr.... the Guardian doesn't paywall, Carys - it's about the only remaining 'heavyweight' that doesn't. You can offer to sign up (later) and you can read them.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    But this new 'knowledge' that people have over the dangers of vaccines is absurd.
    I think it was you yourself that said the Internet gives everyone all the tools they need to become as misinformed as they want.

The cartoonist Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame) made his case for supporting Trump and other matters on the basis of who was the better persuader, and perhaps that's the key here; if you don't have the tools to make an informed decision, you fall prey to who has the most persuasive argument.

I'm left wondering how people reacted to Jenner in his day - and speaking of "new learning":

You can offer to sign up (later)
    Oh yeah, I just saw 'to continue reading....' and didn't read the rest, just presumed it was doing the same as the others.

Just talked to my daughter. Her and my SIL feel like shite and are really sick but are doing Ok for now. Neither one can taste and they feel awful! They'll keep me informed as to their situation. People look.... this isn't some conspiracy or some false narrative. IT'S REAL! Follow the guidelines and get vaccinated! PLEASE!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I think it was you yourself that said the Internet gives everyone all the tools they need to become as misinformed as they want.

The cartoonist Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame) made his case for supporting Trump and other matters on the basis of who was the better persuader, and perhaps that's the key here; if you don't have the tools to make an informed decision, you fall prey to who has the most persuasive argument.
    That is exactly what is happening right now as I see it.

I despise Trump and everything he stands for, and I do mean literally despise the man. However, there is a part of my brain that I find fiendishly entertaining too. Now imagine if I were already a right wing cvnt.....would he not become my new font of knowledge? Why would I question his wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    That is exactly what is happening right now as I see it.

I despise Trump and everything he stands for, and I do mean literally despise the man. However, there is a part of my brain that I find fiendishly entertaining too. Now imagine if I were already a right wing cvnt.....would he not become my new font of knowledge? Why would I question his wisdom?
    Snap! re: Trump, although I couldn't listen to him for more than five seconds because of that juvenile, stilted, monosyllabic delivery of his. I have a few friends who, let's not beat about the bush, are far-right. One described Farage as "centre-right" and he hates Biden with a passion. To him, this is just the flu and he has decided as he's had Covid, he's not having the vaccine - and once treated me to a load of pony clearly harvested from Facebook. So rather than adopt any semblance of critical thinking, they've just gone for the large print, easy reader version.

For balance, I also have a few anarchists as friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    So it looks like the J & J has now overtaken the OAZ as the 'bogeyman' vaccine, at least in terms of media attention.
    Same tech. It was starting up in the media last week. Same brush was starting to tar them too even before these cases were published.

Since J&J isn't over in Europe it won't take the same hit. Now once it becomes a competitor to Pfizer things may change.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Oh yeah, I just saw 'to continue reading....' and didn't read the rest, just presumed it was doing the same as the others.
    The begging bowl bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Snap! re: Trump, although I couldn't listen to him for more than five seconds because of that juvenile, stilted, monosyllabic delivery of his. I have a few friends who, let's not beat about the bush, are far-right. One described Farage as "centre-right" and he hates Biden with a passion. To him, this is just the flu and he has decided as he's had Covid, he's not having the vaccine - and once treated me to a load of pony clearly harvested from Facebook. So rather than adopt any semblance of critical thinking, they've just gone for the large print, easy reader version.

For balance, I also have a few anarchists as friends.
    Farage centre-right?!!! Probably thought the BNP were too inclusive?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information