Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: US agencies call for pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine

Re: US agencies call for pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine

6 blood clots in 6.8 million people. Only 2 of the 6 died. Those people probably would’ve gotten clots anyway. I received J and J and was fine and I’d do it again.

If if you don’t want to get a vaccine, that’s your personal choice, OP. But don’t be a doomsayer. I seriously doubt you’re that worried about anyone’s health anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    don’t be a doomsayer. I seriously doubt you’re that worried about anyone’s health anyway.
    Maybe he's just not feeling the love

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ironic how millions of youngsters the world over continue to start smoking cigarettes every year without a care in the world, yet they are also a potential hazard for causing blood clots, and of course various other health complications.

But cigarettes themselves will never be banned, despite the various smoking-related legislations that have (for better or worse) evolved in the UK over the past 20 years.

It also makes me wonder if some of the current antivaxxers and Covid deniers are also the ones who say 'Well my parents smoked around me all the time in the house and car when I was a child and it never did me no harm'!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 14-04-21 at 08:09.

.....AS I said earlier.....Panicattacker (deliberate spelling choice) never responds. Starts a thread, lights the taper and then disappears. His/her aim is indeed to give those who have specific fears - panic attacks.

Ah, the old “if you’re not at high risk why would you take a vaccine” argument. The classic go to of the short sighted and of the selfish.

So, to answer this, it’s fairly simple. Let’s see first of all who IS at high risk. Anyone over 55, anyone badly overweight and anyone with a severe underlying condition. That’s a LOT of people.

I know I know, if they take the vaccine then they’re protected so why should YOU be worried, right? Well, they won’t all be protected. No vaccine gives 100% efficacy, and as is the way of things with this damn virus, the vaccines are likely to be less effective for the most vulnerable.

We offer another layer of protection to these people by being vaccinated ourselves. We prevent the virus using us as a breeding ground for new variants that could genuinely render any vaccine utterly useless. We do that because we aren’t selfish bas*ards who think of nobody else but ourselves.

I have to agree with the above comments. You’re not worried about anyone’s health, you’re not worried that people might suffer side effects of any vaccine, you’re just trying to stir up trouble.

You’re like a McFlurry lid. There’s absolutely no point to you but you’re an annoyance that needs to be dealt with in order to get ice cream. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    .....AS I said earlier.....Panicattacker (deliberate spelling choice) never responds. Starts a thread, lights the taper and then disappears. His/her aim is indeed to give those who have specific fears - panic attacks.
    I think the best way to look at it is that Picnicflasher, or panicattacker or whatever it’s bloody name is, is simply a shining example of how utterly rubbish these people and their arguments are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Ah, the old “if you’re not at high risk why would you take a vaccine” argument. The classic go to of the short sighted and of the selfish.

So, to answer this, it’s fairly simple. Let’s see first of all who IS at high risk. Anyone over 55, anyone badly overweight and anyone with a severe underlying condition. That’s a LOT of people.

I know I know, if they take the vaccine then they’re protected so why should YOU be worried, right? Well, they won’t all be protected. No vaccine gives 100% efficacy, and as is the way of things with this damn virus, the vaccines are likely to be less effective for the most vulnerable.

We offer another layer of protection to these people by being vaccinated ourselves. We prevent the virus using us as a breeding ground for new variants that could genuinely render any vaccine utterly useless. We do that because we aren’t selfish bas*ards who think of nobody else but ourselves.

I have to agree with the above comments. You’re not worried about anyone’s health, you’re not worried that people might suffer side effects of any vaccine, you’re just trying to stir up trouble.

You’re like a McFlurry lid. There’s absolutely no point to you but you’re an annoyance that needs to be dealt with in order to get ice cream. Or something.
    Yeah, like typical untouchables trying to act 'ard!

shining example of how utterly rubbish these people and their arguments are.
    Absolutely Gary ! I said a couple of pages back, on this thread, that I like Picnicflashers posts - as they provide an opportunity for the knowledgeable, scientific, mathematical thinkers to counteract the tosh easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Maybe he's just not feeling the love

FMP
    FMP.... stop with the covert digs at other members, stop trying to cause an argument, you need to accept that others may have a different opinion to yourself, however much you and other people believe that opinion to be wrong....Maybe try the ignoring is the best policy approach.... please!

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    FMP.... stop with the covert digs at other members, stop trying to cause an argument, you need to accept that others may have a different opinion to yourself, however much you and other people believe that opinion to be wrong....Maybe try the ignoring is the best policy approach.... please!
    It's not about an 'opinion'. It's about scientific medical 'fact'! It's about spreading misinformation that is not only wrong but frankly dangerous! COVID IS REAL! I've lost a family member to it, my nephew had it and now my daughter and her husband have it. Members here have lost loved ones to it, have actually had it and/or know someone who has. I can assure you that's not my 'opinion'.

Despite the efforts our governments, scientific and medical communities are putting forth, it's those with misinformed, skewed and irrational 'opinions' that will prolong this crisis and put many at risk including themselves.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information