Awful fatigue
    Anxiety
    Depression
    Very emotional
    Right side of wrist sore and swollen, 2 lumps appear on side of hand
    Right shoulder pain
    Left hand wrist hurting and swollen
    Headaches
    Woke up 6 months and right side of neck felt tight and sore, hurt to turn my head
    If I put my chin down to my neck something feels like its pulling further down in my spine on the right
    All around my right side of ribs hurt if i move/twist/bend etc.
    I've got a movable lump on the right side of my neck near collarbone, dr wasnt concerned. I am though because I feel so ill.
    I feel like I have aged too and I dont feel very supple.
    Only thing that's ever helped is prednisolone when I was on it short term and I felt like a new person.
    I'm sick of feeling so fatigued and having no quality of life.
    I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in june but the rheumatologist said I shouldn't have neck/back pain or constantly feel fatigued. 🤷🏼*♀️

Re: Cant go on like this.

Zippy, I don't mean to downplay your suffering, but I think that's actually a fairly common list of aches, pains and body sensations. I've had the vast majority of them over the past year and a half or so, and I think I'm in relatively good health.

I feel absolutely dreadful. Only thing that's against me not having some form of metastatic cancer is I havent lost any weight.

The thing about anxiety is that it heightens our awareness. I mean, I'm reasonably confident I don't have cancer and here are some of the things I can remember having had over the last 18 months:

Fatigue
    Depression
    Persistent diarrhoea
    Constipation
    Shoulder pain, sometimes so severely it hurts to breathe
    Forearm tingling and numbness
    Lower back pain
    Sciatica-type pain and tingling down leg
    Aching feet
    Headaches
    Panic attacks
    Any number of random dry skin patches and scabs
    Hand cramps
    Foot cramps
    Irregular periods

There's probably a bunch more I've forgotten about, too.

If you want to feel better you're going to have to learn to practice acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    These symptoms in the last 18 months:
    Awful fatigue
    Anxiety
    Depression
    Very emotional
    Right side of wrist sore and swollen, 2 lumps appear on side of hand
    Right shoulder pain
    Left hand wrist hurting and swollen
    Headaches
    Woke up 6 months and right side of neck felt tight and sore, hurt to turn my head
    If I put my chin down to my neck something feels like its pulling further down in my spine on the right
    All around my right side of ribs hurt if i move/twist/bend etc.
    Only thing that's ever helped is prednisolone when I was on it short term and I felt like a new person.
    I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in june but the rheumatologist said I shouldn't have neck/back pain or constantly feel fatigued. 路*♀️
    **Disclaimer: I am not a doctor**
    The symptoms I left in the quote above are textbook rheumatoid arthritis as my mom and several of her friends exhibit the same exact things on a daily basis. If your rheumatologist is perplexed about what is causing you pain and fatigue, then I would recommend seeking out a new rheumatologist. Those with RA do not need to suffer as there is some incredible treatment. My mom is nearly 60, has had RA for nearly a decade now and is fully functioning. Granted, she is usually wiped out by about 7 PM but her treatment plan has been a miracle.

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Hi!

Sorry to hear you're going through tough times. Just here to say that you aren't alone. Anxiety causes a range of unexplainable stuff and even though I'm relatively young, I do experience those things you have. But it's absolutely random!
    Wish you the best of health!

I get my bloods done once a month and if I had cancer for 18 months something would show up or I would be losing weight. I hope.

Why are you thinking cancer? Nothing you have listed points to cancer 🤷🏻*♀️ But it does point to anxiety.

18 months this has been going on, take a deep breath, make the decision to ignore it for the weekend. If it is something awful (which I do not think), deal with it next week. If it’s anxiety, which I suspect, symptoms may ease of you ignore

I cant get out of my head all my symptoms are cancer that's metastased. Been going on 18 months and new symptoms keep coming. I'm constantly shattered, all right side of my body feels sore and tight. I just get fobbed off at the drs after getting bloods done.

fobbed off
    ...or told the truth Zippy ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information