Thread: Bleeding After Sex

Bleeding After Sex

Hi,

I’m a 32 year old female. Last night my partner and I had sex (whilst intoxicated.)

Afterwards we realised that the condom was still inside me after he had pulled out. This caused me to panic and use my fingers to try pull it out.

I did not see any blood at this point, none on the bed sheets or on my partner. However, after a few attempts to retrieve the condom I saw lots of bright red blood on my fingers.

My partner managed to retrieve it but the bleeding has continued. It is not as heavy as it was but I do see bright red blood when I wipe.

My partner keeps telling me that I probably scratched/cut myself but I’m still panicking.

When we pulled the condom out, the blood was mainly at the bottom (opening) of it. There was no blood at the end which would suggest it is coming from further down?

I am up to date with my smears and have regular periods.

I am just worried because of the sheer amount of blood but I guess it would’ve been mixed in with other “fluids”

Sorry for TMI I’m just very worried as I’d not seen that much blood before.

Thanks

EDIT: I have not had any abnormal bleeding after sex/mid-cycle before.

Re: Bleeding After Sex

If you were panicking when you pulled the condom out, chances are you accidentally cut yourself with your nails. Try not to worry about it?

Thank you. I think I probably did cut myself. It’s just the sheer volume of blood I am panicking about.

I didn’t see any blood whatsoever before I started trying to remove the condom and I do have pain “down there” now as I think I was probably being a bit rough.

I’m wearing a pad now and there’s only a couple of tiny spots of blood.

There you go! I know how easy it is to freak out about these things but there's usually a clear explanation if you think about it.

I’m still bleeding and very worried. The blood is bright red. I’m spiralling thinking there is something seriously wrong with me.

It often takes a few days for these things to settle down. I know it's scary, but I think you're going to be okay.

Thank you. I know this is TMI but I did put a finger inside and there was no blood at all on it. The only blood seems to be closer to the entrance when I wipe which does make me think it is a cut or tear.

I can’t believe how worried I am about this when there is a logical explanation.

Thread Information