Thread: Arm and hand non movement issues

Arm and hand non movement issues

Hey all, I’m back again. No one is sorrier about that than me. I’m working with a new therapist and trying a different approach to get over my traumas. I hope it will be good in the end, but for the time being, my health anxiety is flaring.

My current issue has to do with my left shoulder and hands. I plan on seeing a doctor about these things. I just can only take so many doctor visits at a time.

Here’s a little background. My left shoulder hurts. It isn’t bad pain, but it has hurt for a long time. I have knee arthritis and it is most problematic and I’ve been trying to deal with that first.

What scares me is that sometimes I try to lift my left arm and it just doesn’t move. I usually try again and it moves, sometimes stiffly, but it moves. I have the same problem with my hand. I over crocheted for a new grand baby, and both my hands were really hurting for about two weeks. They are still hurting a little, but are much better overall. Today I tried to grip a glass and it took a second try.

Has anyone experienced this kind of thing? I don’t even know what to worry about. It just seems like a really significant symptom. Or, am I just 60 years old now and things aren’t working quite as smoothly?

Re: Arm and hand non movement issues

CPT... I really think you're spiraling here. Certainly age has a lot to do with what we've been used to during in our youth but you're, IMO, taking this too far in a very common HA manner :(

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Arm and hand non movement issues

Thank you Fishman. My ability to evaluate new things that are happening in my body sucks. I am an intelligent, well-educated woman. Yet, I just have no good sense when it comes to my body.

So, I thank you and everyone else on this site for helping me. I need it.

I was emotionally abused for 40 years. As I keep reminding myself, I can’t expect to be mentally healthy. What I can do is utilize the best resources I have to help me get through life the best I can. That’s what I am doing with this site.

So, thanks again. ❤️

Thread Information