Thread: Good News

Good News

This is totally off topic, but I thought I’d share a little good news. My son’s wife gave birth to their first child six days ago. It was a celebration in many ways. My daughter in law miscarried her first pregnancy and they have tried for a long while to have a baby.

I have five children. My late husband was emotionally abusive to me and, in essence, taught my children to see me as lacking value. (He taught me to see me like that too.)

My son who is the new father married a Filipina. Her culture is committed to caring for their parents. She has encouraged my son in this regard. They are both incredibly kind to me. They have included me in every step of the baby’s birth. Although they live about ten hours away, they FaceTime me everyday so I can see my newest grand baby.

I am so grateful for this beautiful and caring daughter-in-law. This is my twelfth grandchild, and I will get my thirteenth in a few weeks. Yet,this is the first time any of my children have asked for my advice on caring for babies. It has meant a lot to me.

I love that our world is flatter than it was before. My Filipina daughter-in-law’s different perspective on many things has been a great blessing to me.

I am also grateful for the diversity here on this site. We have so much in common, yet we have so much to share that is good about who we are and the cultures we’ve been raised in.

There you go - a long off topic post. I truly mean it though. I am very grateful for all of you and your kindness. Any sort of kindness helps heal my wounded soul.

Love,
    Debbie
    Last edited by Cptdebbie; 13-04-21 at 23:39.

Re: Good News

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Congratulations to your son’s wife and I do hope one day that we all will learn to accept one-another without judgement or prejudice

That's wonderful news and congratulations on your newest grandchild, Debbie..I am so glad that you have a daughter-in-law who appreciates you and who wants you to play a significant part in her family's life. You have had so much sadness to endure over many years..quite unjustly. Now you have a lovely new addition to your family who is going to be allowed to get to know and love you as a grandmother and as a source of love and support x

What a lovely post

Lovely post. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw that's lovely news! x

Thread Information