Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety after covid vaccination

Anxiety after covid vaccination

I am interested if anyone else has noticed that their anxiety levels have increased after having a dose of the covid vaccination.

I suffer from GAD and have done for many years and up until having the jab I was managing my anxiety relatively well. I had my first dose 5 days ago and after a day my anxiety increased a lot and has stayed there and finding difficult to cope.

I am debating if to register this as a covid vaccine side effect thats why I am interested if anyone else has experienced the same?

I haven't seen a doc yet as it is difficult getting an appointment.

Re: Anxiety after covid vaccination

Your immune response would have been triggered which includes side effects such as increased heart rate etc.

Does your anxiety increase if you catch a cold etc?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I dont usually get increased anxiety after colds and flu. I did stop taking citalopram the end of last year as felt that i could cope and was managing the anxiety ok. I have tho had some pretty stressful times in work recently but managed to control the anxiety although those stressful times and then added immune response that you mention prob have overwhelmed me. I trying to ignore the anxiety but it got a firm grip on me and i cant break out of it. Worried that cant start citalopram again as dont know how if that will react with the covid jab and if i could cope with the added side effects of the cit. I could see if i feel a bit better when the immune response subsides but it been 5 days already now since the jab.

I suspect it's nothing more than the jab adding just that bit more stress which has triggered (rather than caused) an anxiety response. There's also the great Covid vaccine fear mongering going on that may well have caused some kind of subconscious reaction in you too.

I've always found that once a bout of anxiety is triggered, it can take a while to subside again. The vaccine side effects can leave your system a long time before the anxiety will calm down again, and it sounds like you may well be in the cycle of anxiety because of anxiety again, at least in part.

I'm sure it'll pass soon enough, just try not to focus on it and judge it as 'here to stay'.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedEric View Post
    Worried that cant start citalopram again as dont know how if that will react with the covid jab and if i could cope with the added side effects of the cit.
    I think the answer to that is "it won't be a problem", but obviously I'm not qualified to say that. If it helps you, then get back on it Can you call either your GP or a pharmacist to ask them?

I'm just starting the final withdrawal phase of citalopram after twelve years on ultimately, 30mg of it: it had stopped working for me.

I am thinking of going back on citalopram as this has helped me twice in the past and I dont think going to manage this anxiety without some help from the med. I am starting to lose weight due to the constant anxiety. Luckily I hae been monitored by the local hospital dietition the last couple of years after my last period of high anxiety so at leastI can contact them about my concerns. I have contacted docs and they say it would be ok for me to start taking citalopram again.

Kudos for being pro-active with your anxiety. You got this!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yep, all good stuff.

You'll be fine - you see

Started Citalopram 4 days ago. From 2nd day can't sleep all night have continuous rushes of adrenaline and sweating. The exhaustion is so bad I am now really struggling to get out of bed. I just want to stay in bed all day Got no appetite at all and no urge to eat i have to force myself to eat anything and only manage small meals and I losing weight. Have no emotions just feel like an empty shell. Feel so ill. I am not signed off work everyone thinks it just tiredness. I don't know how I can go on like this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information