Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety after covid vaccination

Re: Anxiety after covid vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by StressedEric View Post
    Started Citalopram 4 days ago. From 2nd day can't sleep all night have continuous rushes of adrenaline and sweating. The exhaustion is so bad I am now really struggling to get out of bed. I just want to stay in bed all day Got no appetite at all and no urge to eat i have to force myself to eat anything and only manage small meals and I losing weight. Have no emotions just feel like an empty shell. Feel so ill. I am not signed off work everyone thinks it just tiredness. I don't know how I can go on like this
    Hang in there. Its pretty common to have an initial increase of anxiety as a side effect of the meds. Give it a few weeks. Check the meds section here too and you'll see many have gone through the same thing but when they finally kicked in, it was a world of difference.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This is my 3rd time on citalopram in 10 years the other two times I didn't feel as bad as this when I started on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I suspect it's nothing more than the jab adding just that bit more stress which has triggered (rather than caused) an anxiety response. There's also the great Covid vaccine fear mongering going on that may well have caused some kind of subconscious reaction in you too.

I've always found that once a bout of anxiety is triggered, it can take a while to subside again. The vaccine side effects can leave your system a long time before the anxiety will calm down again, and it sounds like you may well be in the cycle of anxiety because of anxiety again, at least in part.

I'm sure it'll pass soon enough, just try not to focus on it and judge it as 'here to stay'.
    It does seem that the mass media circus over the vaccine blood clot scares has quietened down a fair bit over the past few days.

I was just looking online to find out if psychological symptoms can increase after the vaccine. I had mine yesterday and today I feel as anxious and depressed as I did the last time I had to go to the hospital, and that was 20 years ago. Maybe the possible psychological effects after the vaccine should be recorded and considered. I have bipolar and have been maintaining well. Today I feel overwhelmed by symptoms.

I just had my 1st dose of Pfizer today, and right before administering the dose, my nurse told me a bunch of potential side effects I might have, and "malaise or depression" was one he mentioned. I took that to also include anxiety for me personally, since depression and anxiety are closely related for me.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melonpony View Post
    I just had my 1st dose of Pfizer today, and right before administering the dose, my nurse told me a bunch of potential side effects I might have, and "malaise or depression" was one he mentioned.
    Now, that's a new one on me?

Yes - I had my vaccine (AstraZeneca) 7 days ago and definitely found that my anxiety is worse. Of course I felt quite poorly the first couple days after the vaccine, then as I began to feel better, but I’ve now caught a cold from my nieces and nephew, which has added to the feeling of stress (headaches, sneezing, sore throat and runny nose). That also and the fear of developing a blood clot, I’m 31 and had the jab as I’m an unpaid carer but I am so convinced I will be one of the unlucky ones to get a clot. Read today that 169 clots have now been reported in the UK. Conveniently, I’ve also started to experience pain in my calf, which comes and goes. Can’t tell if it’s in my mind or something is actually wrong but it’s exhausting.

I think we need to be careful thinking that anxiety is a side effect of a vaccine, whereas being anxious after a vaccine is from the person themselves and not a physical response. Feeling a bit 'under the weather' along with worrying about side effects, stressing about blood clots and other vaccine related issues, will surely be the cause of being anxious.
    Last edited by Carys; 24-04-21 at 22:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Now, that's a new one on me?
    I know, I was surprised he mentioned it as a side effect. It stood out for sure.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I agree, I don’t think it’s a side effect from the vaccine itself, rather having the vaccine can cause a rise in anxiety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information