Thread: Massive realaspe

Massive realaspe

It really upsets me to be writing this post but I've really drop back a couple of steps in my recovery- well alot of steps.

After alot of stressful things like a trip to a&e and other upsetting things everything has come crashing around me. I'm back to the habit of worrying over my heart, constantly feeling it race and jump in my chest. I don't want to work out anymore, even go do to the shops or a walk because it unsettles me so much. I've been just sitting on my couch and freaking out over dying until my partner comes back. I have constant headaches- a few minutes ago I was hit with the worst exhaustion of y life and nearly face plated into my dinner. I'm trying to remember my years of therapy and how far I've come- that this stuff is scary but I've had lots of heart tests over the years (Had a clear ecg in August 2020 and lots/lots of heart tests in earlish 2020), that I'm stressed- that I'm alot of negative things at the moment. The last few weeks are hard and getting harder but trying to remind myself I can deal with this. I've done it before- It's just really hard to think that way at the moment.

Sending everyone a big hug right now xx

Re: Massive realaspe

*hugs* Everything is going to be alright! I know how it feels to relapse, my first episode with HA started in 2016, then after a four-year break, it came back in 2020. I think the pandemic is making us more aware of our bodies, which inadvertently triggers people with HA. But it's going to be fine, we know some useful tricks now, and we'll beat anxiety once more (its a never ending battle, isn't it?).

I’ve also had a recent relapse of health anxiety...several months into this one now. Covid and the constant stream of bad news certainly isn’t helping matters.

I'm sorry you've had a setback, but you'll get back on track, I know sometimes its hard to see through the darkness, but we always manage to pull ourselves back up.

Thread Information