Thread: Anyone else here dealt with sudden frequent urination? It's driving my anxiety crazy!

Unhappy Anyone else here dealt with sudden frequent urination? It's driving my anxiety crazy!

I've posted here a couple years back for a separate issue (which ended up being nothing) and here I am again!

Like 3-4 days ago or so, I noticed I was having to pee like every 1-3 hours instead of my usual 4-6 hours, and I also noticed I'd have to pee as soon as I wake up (unusual for me) and it's freaking me out so much thinking I have (insert horrible prostate/bladder/kidney disease here). I'm not experiencing any of the things you'd normally associate with being super scary (blood, pain, discomfort, hard to pee, etc.) so I have no idea what to think of this other than letting my anxiety run around like crazy.

As is usually recommended here, I'm going to call my doctor about this soon and see if they have any of their own opinions. Until then, does anyone have any recommendations for my anxiety, past experiences, anything like that?

Re: Anyone else here dealt with sudden frequent urination? It's driving my anxiety cr

Drink more, lay off the caffeine. Could be a uti but you are seriously jumping ahead thinking awful things. This is a very common problem and likely nothing to worry about.

Re: Anyone else here dealt with sudden frequent urination? It's driving my anxiety cr

Thanks, now if only I could tell my health anxiety the same thing lol. Frequent peeing is just surprising to me because I haven't really had anything with caffeine in it in months, and I haven't changed the amount I drink daily at all recently.

There are hundreds of things that can cause this including stress, change of diet etc. Anxiety alone can cause it too. You're almost certainly over analysing it.

Agree with what Joe says. Some days I can urinate for Britain.

Am I concerned? Nope.

^The Same

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. Doctor wants to do a urine test tomorrow so hopefully that calms my anxiety.

Thread Information