Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are many parts of the US like this?

Re: Are many parts of the US like this?

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Good old Monty Python.
    That scene came to mind as it illustrated (rather comically) what would be considered the underprivileged and slums in the Middle Ages. Throughout history, there have always been bad areas that were poor, afflicted and crime ridden. The reality is, nothing much has changed.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The situation in Brazil is getting really bad. There's not enough vaccines; people are starving; it's of course hit the poor areas and the slums the worst, as people are forced to pretty much live on top of each other. The president is supported by the elite who do not have these problems, and the president is an anti-masker/anti-vaxxer. He won't institute a mask mandate or social distancing policies, and we all know that people won't follow them unless forced to... It's almost like this is a genocide of the poor...a way to get rid of the poor in their nation :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Unfortunately Vee, whilst your barbaric and monumentally selfish country remains wedded to ideas of state-sponsored murder, inappropriate levels of gun ownership and viewing ANY effort by the state to help its less fortunate citizens as tantamount to Communism, your country is finished.

My only worry is what other countries the US will take with it when it collapses; because the increasingly stupid British public love aping you...
    Whoa!! Now hold on there Bald Eagle. OK the US has its problems but that doesn't necessarily make the UK a shining beacon of perfection. From my position here on the moral high ground, I can see a relatively poor and possibly considered 'backward' country called Vietnam has 35 covid deaths and just 2781 cases. That's what we would call a damn good thrashing for us here on our Sceptred Isle. Covid exposed us as a nation of headless chickens and selfish oiks.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Whoa!! Now hold on there Bald Eagle. OK the US has its problems but that doesn't necessarily make the UK a shining beacon of perfection. From my position here on the moral high ground, I can see a relatively poor and possibly considered 'backward' country called Vietnam has 35 covid deaths and just 2781 cases. That's what we would call a damn good thrashing for us here on our Sceptred Isle. Covid exposed us as a nation of headless chickens and selfish oiks.
    You're not kidding Fishman, especially earlier on in this pandemic!

And we have hissy fits because we can't go to Spain several times a year like we used to pre-pandemic!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information