Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone give me advice ASAP

Can someone give me advice ASAP

Hi everyone, my little boy is heavy!! He’s half my weight and I’m tiny, holding him on my right hip constantly but he keeps sitting on my chest and kicking me in the ribs, recently he done it and I’ve had a dull ache under my right rib for 2 weeks and he done it again and now a bruised rib!! It’s so tender to touch and painful, does this sound like it could be my little boy causing these problems? I’m worried sick it’s an organ or something, I googled right pain and all that’s coming up is liver please help me I’m going mad

Re: Can someone give me advice ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by worriedplz View Post
    Hi everyone, my little boy is heavy!! He’s half my weight and I’m tiny, holding him on my right hip constantly but he keeps sitting on my chest and kicking me in the ribs, recently he done it and I’ve had a dull ache under my right rib for 2 weeks and he done it again and now a bruised rib!! It’s so tender to touch and painful, does this sound like it could be my little boy causing these problems? I’m worried sick it’s an organ or something, I googled right pain and all that’s coming up is liver please help me I’m going mad
    I think you have the answer in your post

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I think you have the answer in your post

Positive thoughts
    Lol thank you, it’s just I didn’t realise muscle pain can cause dull aches? It’s not pain at all, also I remember you from when I was 18 years ago and had my first HA scare over lymph nodes lol! Crazy you’re still on this forum and so am I with other issues

So a massive child constantly kicks you in the ribs, and your reaction is to google fatal causes of rib pain?

Seems.......a bit silly....right?

Yeah, been there and had this - albeit over 20 years ago LOL A kiddy you are carrying on your hip, kicking you in the muscles around your rib cage and under your rib cage, can cause pains and dull aches - cause and effect. Add to that the fact that it is causing you to over use such muscles on one side and walk differently with a weight on one side and voila. I would suggest doing what I did, swap sides, make sure you equally carry on both.....also the kicking on the chest....how old is he ? If he is half your weight and you are tiny, and its causing pain, I do think you need to reconsider how much carrying you are actually doing.

I googled right pain and all that’s coming up is liver
    Well of course it will, whats the chances of it coming up with - small child being carried and kicking in the ribs Thats like telling a doctor about your pain (but a rubbish doctor) and neglecting to tell them the exact events that are causing the pain ! Oh and it won't be doing your spine much good either.
    Last edited by Carys; 17-04-21 at 17:36.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    So a massive child constantly kicks you in the ribs, and your reaction is to google fatal causes of rib pain?

Seems.......a bit silly....right?
    Lol you made me laugh properly for the first time in a while, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yeah, been there and had this - albeit over 20 years ago LOL A kiddy you are carrying on your hip, kicking you in the muscles around your rib cage and under your rib cage, can cause pains and dull aches - cause and effect. Add to that the fact that it is causing you to over use such muscles on one side and walk differently with a weight on one side and voila. I would suggest doing what I did, swap sides, make sure you equally carry on both.....also the kicking on the chest....how old is he ? If he is half your weight and you are tiny, and its causing pain, I do think you need to reconsider how much carrying you are actually doing.

Well of course it will, whats the chances of it coming up with - small child being carried and kicking in the ribs Thats like telling a doctor about your pain (but a rubbish doctor) and neglecting to tell them the exact events that are causing the pain ! Oh and it won't be doing your spine much good either.
    He’s 3, he’s only 3.5 stone but I’m only 7 stone! I’m tiny, he has autism and he’s very strong! he is always jumping all over me and kicking me, I had to carry him for nearly 10 minutes straight the other day, probably sounds like nothing but I nearly collapsed! I’m gonna try swap sides as it’s really playing up my whole side, my poor rib is throbbing! thank you xxx

If you poo a bit when you laugh, it does not mean bowel cancer.

Right?

And other fantastic health anxiety stories....

Poo ??

....wee when you laugh, thats just being a female who has given birth, and it doesn't mean bladder cancer. (or menopausal)

he has autism and he’s very strong! he is always jumping all over me and kicking me
    Oh bless your heart, I don't know what to suggest, is it deliberate or accidental or not understanding its hurting you ? I am hoping that you have the support of an autism charity/group ? I think you need some advice on being hurt and how to manage the behaviours. Its not an 'internal organ problem' but you being hurt and in pain is a problem and can't carry on as it is :(

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    If you poo a bit when you laugh, it does not mean bowel cancer.

Right?

And other fantastic health anxiety stories....
    Haha very true! I have a lot of issues going on in that area anyways, I’ve got really bad ibs and recently had such a bad episode of health anxiety it’s lead me to actually be pretty much not functioning, Its really ruined my life for 3/4 months now, then I got a slight pain in that area and assumed it’s spread to my liver. It’s very horrible being in my head at the moment, trying to keep calm though I’m sure some of these “pains” are anxiety related!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information