Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone give me advice ASAP

Re: Can someone give me advice ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Poo ??

....wee when you laugh, thats just being a female who has given birth, and it doesn't mean bladder cancer. (or menopausal)

Oh bless your heart, I don't know what to suggest, is it deliberate or accidental or not understanding its hurting you ? I am hoping that you have the support of an autism charity/group ? I think you need some advice on being hurt and how to manage the behaviours. Its not an 'internal organ problem' but you being hurt and in pain is a problem and can't carry on as it is :(
    He’s not understanding it’s hurting me I think, it seems like something he does out of frustration, he’s non verbal, the kicks can be from nappy changes / clothing changes and often a way to get my attention (he wakes in the night and will get into my bed) the other morning he jumped right on my rib cage and I never felt pain like it. I do get some support but very minimal during covid, I will definitely mention it next time I speak to someone as I’m so tiny myself and can’t really take these injuries lol! Xxx

Hi woke up in a slight panic, I’ve got a dull ache above my belly button on right side, would that be the muscle pain? Also my ribs feel so swollen, it’s making me feel like my liver is so swollen my ribs are poking out, dunno what’s going through my head right now

In such a panic right now it really feels like something is pushing into my ribs it’s all below the rib bones and to the side by the armpit

OK, look, how hard have these kicks been to your abdomen ? Apart from the feeling of 'something below the rib bones and by the armpit' do you have any other symptoms at all ? (your liver won't push your ribs out !!)

OK, look, how hard have these kicks been to your abdomen ? Apart from the feeling of 'something below the rib bones and by the armpit' do you have any other symptoms at all ? (your liver won't push your ribs out !!)
    No I feel quite well, it’s just I had a scare a few months ago as I found a lump down below. Now I’m so so terrified something has spread to my liver and the doctor was wrong. I genuinely feel so scared right now. It just feels so full all around my rib area, i don’t have any bloating or swelling but when I lie down it feels like something is pushing up and making my underneath rib area feel weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I feel quite well
    Right, then that rules out everything serious doesn't it, there are a multitude of liver symptoms that there could be from an enlarged, damaged or failing liver, and you have none of them. All the other organs in that area would also cause symptoms making you feel unwell e.g. pleurisy in lungs and you'd be breathless. Now, don't start convincing yourself that there are other symptoms as I will remind you that you said 'I feel quite well'.

You have been holding a a heavy weight pressed on the ribs, under your arm and against your lower abdomen, on your right side, for how long - 2 years ? You can hurt and damage cartilidge, muscles and soft tissue from what you've been doing. (I hope you've changed sides) I should think, knowing how it is carrying a heavy child myself, that his thigh/leg was pressed up underneath your bottom rib and could cause tenderness on the underside of it. I've had rib/cartilidge damage for a very different reason and it took nearly 5 years to go, it can be hard to heal areas like that and they need rest.

Do you want to tell the story of the 'lump down below' ? DO you have a Health Anxiety background, or is this new to you ?

Right, then that rules out everything serious doesn't it, there are a multitude of liver symptoms that there could be from an enlarged, damaged or failing liver, and you have none of them. All the other organs in that area would also cause symptoms making you feel unwell e.g. pleurisy in lungs and you'd be breathless. Now, don't start convincing yourself that there are other symptoms as I will remind you that you said 'I feel quite well'.

You have been holding a a heavy weight pressed on the ribs, under your arm and against your lower abdomen, on your right side, for how long - 2 years ? You can hurt and damage cartilidge, muscles and soft tissue from what you've been doing. (I hope you've changed sides) I should think, knowing how it is carrying a heavy child myself, that his thigh/leg was pressed up underneath your bottom rib and could cause tenderness on the underside of it. I've had rib/cartilidge damage for a very different reason and it took nearly 5 years to go, it can be hard to heal areas like that and they need rest.

Do you want to tell the story of the 'lump down below' ? DO you have a Health Anxiety background, or is this new to you ?
    Hi thanks for replying and taking your time to try put some logic into my head. It’s so hard sometimes to do that yourself. Sorry to be so out there but I also have Ibs-c, I haven’t been to the toilet properly for months so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the pains is also from my digestive system. I have a rubbish diet lol. My little boy definitely has not helped that, I had a lump on my cervix. (Found during a coil check for strings) I’ve actually had them for over two years now and doctor said they were cysts and normal and at the start of the year I got the depo which led to random bleeding, which started off an awful episode of HA. I’m now off the depo and seem to be regulating into normal cycles again but stupidly still caught up on the whole cervical cancer thing.. I also cannot think about anything else apart from this so it’s hard to know if it’s in my head or what. It’s stupid I know, I am on medication and stuff for my depression/ha/ocd but all day all I focus on now is my bloody liver and wondering it’s it’s swollen lol I just give up with it!

I just give up with it!
    Well, in all honesty, that would be the perfect answer to the problem - give up, don't bother, lose your cool with the situation and don't give a fig. That approach would certainly reiterate that there is nothing to worry about.

If you have IBS -C (which I have also had badly incidentally, due to hormones and end of my reproductive years) then you certainly do need to be thinking about diet and increasing fibre etc etc blah blah. Then you more than likely know this.

It’s stupid I know
    No, its not stupid, its a behavioural pattern based on fear that you've got tied up with, along with many many other people past and present. Look at this site, most posts are related to health anxiety. A lack of trust in doctors, believing symptoms exist pointing to terminal illnesses, Obsessively checking your body and thinking about a 'problem', linking random body sensations into something catastrophic, ignoring likely cause and effect and jumping to illogical and terrifyingly rare conditions, feeling reassurance for a very short time....then the whole pattern starts again....is part of the course unless the cycle is broken and you retrain how you think and react. I know that what I say to you now, today, will have a very short-term effect on you feeling any better, as until you tackle the route of the problem it'll keep rearing its head. You need to start self-reassuring, counteracting your assertions with logic, out loud if possible. Write lists about why this isn't a secondary liver cancer, when thoughts pop into your head saying it IS a secondary cancer - read out loud the list you've written. There is lots you can do for HA, its not an illness, its a damaging pattern of thinking and it allows fear to become the cycle that drives your daily life and mind. Have a look at some of the 'stickies' at the top of the HA forum, there is lots that is useful there.

Well, in all honesty, that would be the perfect answer to the problem - give up, don't bother, lose your cool with the situation and don't give a fig. That approach would certainly reiterate that there is nothing to worry about.

If you have IBS -C (which I have also had badly incidentally, due to hormones and end of my reproductive years) then you certainly do need to be thinking about diet and increasing fibre etc etc blah blah. Then you more than likely know this.

No, its not stupid, its a behavioural pattern based on fear that you've got tied up with, along with many many other people past and present. Look at this site, most posts are related to health anxiety. A lack of trust in doctors, believing symptoms exist pointing to terminal illnesses, Obsessively checking your body and thinking about a 'problem', linking random body sensations into something catastrophic, ignoring likely cause and effect and jumping to illogical and terrifyingly rare conditions, feeling reassurance for a very short time....then the whole pattern starts again....is part of the course unless the cycle is broken and you retrain how you think and react. I know that what I say to you now, today, will have a very short-term effect on you feeling any better, as until you tackle the route of the problem it'll keep rearing its head. You need to start self-reassuring, counteracting your assertions with logic, out loud if possible. Write lists about why this isn't a secondary liver cancer, when thoughts pop into your head saying it IS a secondary cancer - read out loud the list you've written. There is lots you can do for HA, its not an illness, its a damaging pattern of thinking and it allows fear to become the cycle that drives your daily life and mind. Have a look at some of the 'stickies' at the top of the HA forum, there is lots that is useful there.
    thank you so much, it really helps to talk about these issues like this, I’ve had ibs for over 10 years now, I’m meant to be going for further testing as I’ve suffered since 12 with it and never ever had a normal bowel routine. I’m currently very constipated literally nothing is moving it. I’ve tried all sorts, I can’t imagine that’s helping my stomach at all. I’m now taking Buscopan and helping that will help. Also I have been sleeping on my right side on a hard bed (moved back in with my parents!) and I don’t think that is helping it to recover at all, so I’m going to try a few more things to help it before I run to the doctors crying lol. I see a doctor on the 30th for the coil so thinking of just giving it a mention then and trying to relax for the next week or so. That list is a great idea! I already make lists of all the things I’m worried about and monitor them lol . I just wish I could switch the thoughts off for a while. It’s so hard. Im on 3x 40mg proponal but they don’t seem to do much. Very frustrating, she mentioned dizapam and then said she doesn’t like to give them out but I just wish I had something to shut my head up for a few minutes. It really doesn’t stop. I feel so sorry for my little boy as I’ve become a shell of myself. I suffered with HA really bad at 16, due to a lymph node, I become a zombie and promised myself I wouldn’t let myself get like that again, but I did. I’m so disappointed.

I've had IBS for nearly 30 years now, with the standard intermittent habits for most of that time and quite horrendous flare-ups and episodes through my adult life, it has changed to IBC-C in the last 2 years and I know what you mean about 'nothing moving it'. I'm at the point of most dietary additions being tried and making no difference, I know how it can make you feel just horrible actually and when its like 6 days or so you start to get desperate and can feel pains in all sorts of odd places that seem a darned long way away from your bowels , if you want to talk further privately on PM (private message) then please feel free.

I think, for those who have had HA intermittently through their life, it is often a sign that life is stressful and 'pushing' them in other ways/they are stressed/anxious and unhappy. A doctor once said to me years ago that my HA (I don't consider I have it now) was a symptom of anxiety affecting me and coming out as HA, so some people get high BP and headaches, I got HA. So, its worth remembering that, just as before you moved on from it, you can again once you feel more settled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information