Hello, I got burnout with beginning depression in Oktober 2019.
After a weird disturbing intrusive tought with regard to suicide I developed this obsession about it.

I contantly asked myself if I would do it or not, so compulsions. It got a lot better but wasn't completely gone.

My doc and psychologist advised me to up paroxetine from 5 to 10 mg.
I was on 5mg for years after struggling with anxiety (used to take 20mg 10 years back).

3 weeks ago I increased from 5 to 10mg and it made everything worse. The anxiety over my thoughts ar full blown, sometimes I start thinking they become real because I feel this bad. But I am so sad because I don't want to die or become suicidal. It is my worst nightmare. Also I seem to feel more depressed like not feeling like doing things or not interested in things I think about.

Can this anxiety and low mood spike still be from the 5mg increase after 3 weeks or should I go back down to 5mg? My docter thinks it is a strange reaction but suggests to try 4 weeks.

I am realy struggling with myself now when I did so much work to releave my burnout. It has been a 1,5 year recovery and now it feels like 5 steps back.

Can anyone give me advice if this is normal after 3 weeks or if I respond bad to my medication.

Thanks for helping me out here.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A515F met Tapatalk