Thread: Hospital

Re: Hospital

Hi Karen

Just want you to know i am thinking of you hun

Andrea
    xxxxx

Dear Karen,

I've not been online for a few days so I've only just read about the visit from the psychiatrists etc. It sounds dreadful and I'm sorry you had to go through that. They must have seen that you are really trying though because they chose not to section you.

You are doing really well so please don't give up. I know it's really hard.

Thinking of you.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

I'm so glad you are seeing a dietician, I hope that goes well It might be hard to eat enough but just try your best.

Thinking of you

Lisa x

I think the dietician is a real positive step despite your misgivings.

Please think of this as a way of avoiding hospital, but only if you do as he suggests, which you may see as pushing yourself.

But in return you will be able to stay at home with the internet! I know what you'd prefer!

Sending you positive vibes

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Karen - I've had a dig around on the internet and found a bit of info.

Your social worker (the new one) and your GP can't have you sectioned without another GP or relative agreeing.

If you can be cared for in the community, which is the first line treatment, then sectioning is a last resort.

You're seeing a dietician, which demonstrates you are able to make rational decisions. As I suggested previously, request a different social worker. Someone who has seen you once I don't believe is in a position to make such a judgment call.

Keep up your eating, weight doesn't matter at the mo, so long as you are showing willing and actually eating.

This is the most concise link I could find to the mental health act http://www.cambsmentalhealthinfo.nhs..._-_sectio.html

Theres lots of others out there, and while its not your borough it spells it out in plain English.

Don't be afraid of the phone ringing, pick it up, and have a chat with what is most likely to be 99% a friend.

If you aren't a danger to yourself or others (which clearly you aren't because you're seeking community help), then its unlikely you'll be sectioned.

Keep seeking help and demonstrate you can do this yourself. I believe you can.

Krakers.

Just topping up the hugs

Thinking of you

Lisa x

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Still thinking of you Karen.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Thank you all for your messages of support.
    Shoegal - Thank you I am ok just have been struggling trying to keep earing enough. My intake has been down a bit in the past couple of days but I'm still trying to eat.

Yes it was very scary. I thought nothing would happen before that as it had taken them all week but Friday afternoon they turned up.

Krackers - Thank you so much for finding all that informatuin for me

When they came here to assess me there was a social worker, a psychitrist and and another GP from my doctor's surgery. My doctor came too for part of the time. She is good like that because she knew I'd panic.

My doctor doesn't believe I can do it. I can't believe they came to my home. They were almost telling me to go to hospital myself. I believe they were intent on sectioning me when they arrived.

Lisa - Thanks sis I am worried about seeing the dietician tomorrow. If I tell him what I'm rating he might tell the CMHT and the whole sectioning thing will happen again.

Andrea - Thanks so much for your support It means a lot to me.

Happyone - Hospital is still a constant threat.

A big thank you and hugs to Stargazer for making some vegetable meals for me

Ray - Thank you You are right that I want to be at home with the internet. My doctor has already said there is no internet access at the local hospital which is where they would send me.

I feel worse due to all this threat of hospital. I'm obsessing about food and calories more and more

Karen xx

Dear Karen,

I really do feel for you hun. The threat of hospital must be sending your anxiety sky high and making your eating problems worse. You are doing your best and that is all that you can do. I know it's hard but you really must try to eat as much as you can. I know that thought is awful for you, but the alternative is eating more in hospital and that would be much more stressful for you. Please try some of the things people have suggested, like fruit smoothies, or build up drinks, or maybe a light meal like an omalette or something... ANYTHING to get nutrients into your body hun. Take each day as it comes and try not to think ahead too much. Just concentrate on each meal and reward yourself for your achievements. Please be honest with the dietician when you see her because she has your best interests at heart.

Thinking of you Karen. I know this is so hard hun.

Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information